Do you love your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try it with a partner and add in the inside of the slt...

Suspension testing....:hump:

That's true bliss...hahhahaa

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 05 Denali. I love sex more.

Styling is subjective, but the only big GM SUVs I like that are newer than what I have are the NNBS Escalades. I don't plan to get rid of my Denali, but if it were totaled on the way home today and I had to buy something else, I'd look at a 07-14 Escalade. The NNBS Tahoes look ok, but the Yukons and Denalis look terrible IMHO.

Am I the only one that thinks the current gen Tahoe, Yukon, and burb look like a hearse? First black one I saw, I actually thought it was a hearse. I think it's the chrome rear side trim.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
135,000 on our 2008 Tahoe Hybrid we bought new. Wanted to trade it off a couple months ago but wife did not want to. As it is hers, basically, I gave in and we kept it. Dealer only allowed $8K trade in value, which was way low anyway. As it stands now, she will need shocks soon and two more tires in about 5K. All else is good. Never been wrecked or had any major system failures so we will probably get a new battery pack when necessary and drive it till it drops, or we do. Wife was 69 in May and I hit 70 in August. We have owned more than a hundred vehicles in our 48 years of marriage. Just terrible, but lots of fun. Grew up working in my dad's five NAPA stores so I have been a car/truck nut all my life. Attached only to my old 1967 Impala 2dht with a 300 horse 327, 4 on the floor, bench seats, and only option was a radio. Could run with the stock Goats of the day.

Last edited:

DIRTYY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this discussion with my apprentice at work today....

He's got a '01 Ram with the Cummins, and he's dead set on keeping it until the thing rusts away.

Me, I'm pretty indifferent about my Yukon. Don't get me wrong, I like it, and I take pride in it looking good, but at the same time, if I woke up and there was a pile of cash where my truck should be parked, I wouldn't care. I would go out and buy something different.
I HAVE A 99 TAHOE 1 OWNER 220K AND IT SRILL RUNS LIKE IT DID 18 YEARS AGO IT LOOKS LIKE IT DID 18 YEARS AGO IM LIKE YOUR FRIEND MY HOE WILL BE WITH ME TIL THE END

20170629_140048.jpg

OP
OP
mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the current gen Tahoe, Yukon, and burb look like a hearse? First black one I saw, I actually thought it was a hearse. I think it's the chrome rear side trim.
YES!

Maximus09

Reaction score
Def keep. My 05 5.3 only has 90k and runs great. I feel like it wouldnt be worth trading it in for may 6 or 7k if that. Loved it so much I bought another 05 with 70k but this one is a 2500 with the 6.0. No better comfortable trucks to haul the fam in or take a road trip.