do PPVs have TPMS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy PPV guys!

Do our vehicles have TPMS systems? I was under the impression that it was disabled... because when toggling through the cluster I do not see anything that shows the tire pressures.

However today while driving, I looked down on my dash and the TPMS light was on!?

It says "LEFT FRT TIRE LOW." I checked the tire, and it was not low.

Does anyone know what is up? or know how I can get rid of this light? I know there is a TPMS relearn procedure, but does that work if there is no TPMS system?

Thanks!

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have TPMS, but do not have the display for tire pressure readings, just lets us know when tires are low. That display, and other useful ones, can easily be added though.

The Driver Information Center (DIC) switch only costs about $20 and the vehicles are wired for them already.

The bad news, the trim piece for the switch will run you $165ish. Or you can get creative with a dremel.

Do a quick search for the DIC in SSV/PPM, or I'll find a link when I get a chance.

Edit:
Start here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-adding-dic-drivers-information-center.51524/

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Having a DIC adds a lot to your vehicle. It opens up all the menus to toggle thru .

If you mark the panel carefully its pretty easy to add the switch, took me about an hour. be careful as to what kind of glue to use. I used an Gel Epoxy if it's to runny it will run into the switch and ruin it.

Perro

Reaction score
I replaced all TPMS sensors when I bought my rims, got them at Amazon, then had discount tire set them up to correct psi.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you mark the panel carefully its pretty easy to add the switch, took me about an hour. be careful as to what kind of glue to use. I used an Gel Epoxy if it's to runny it will run into the switch and ruin it.

Did you pull the whole trim piece off, or work in the dash?

Someone also cut that little section off separate and pulled it out. Just the piece with the switch, and the little trim line where the piece really should end. :)

Already figured hot glue gun was the way to go.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Functioning, just not very pretty. :)

I pulled the corner of the trim piece and plugged the switch in. It worked, so started looking for the unicorn of a used trim piece, and now deciding when I will get around to jumping in to to the cutting.

Also thinking with my luck I will break some clips when taking it completely off to cut it right.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Functioning, just not very pretty. :)

I pulled the corner of the trim piece and plugged the switch in. It worked, so started looking for the unicorn of a used trim piece, and now deciding when I will get around to jumping in to to the cutting.

Also thinking with my luck I will break some clips when taking it completely off to cut it right.
Glad your DIC works mike, now pull that trim and get it in the hole....hehe

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a DIC adds a lot to your vehicle.

Mike , So I assume you now have a fully functioning DIC?

Glad your DIC works mike, now pull that trim and get it in the hole....hehe

:yaoface2: Never gets old.

@domoarigato I'll be trying to cut one again next week hopefully, I was using my Dremel to cut my factory panel on the cutting wheel broke and ultimately fubar'd my original panel. Like others have said, just take your time. Make sure to take into account the backside of the panel before you cut too, there is a support piece that sticks out a ways that will play in to how/where you cut also.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
When I did mine I looked at the back and the front of the panel and the switch itself also looked at pictures of panels factory installed. Got the pictures of people selling complete panels on Ebay good reference by the way. Then to try to figure where to cut. Then I laid out my pattern on some masking tape onto the panel. Measuring the switch from side to side and top to bottom and figuring if I can remember maybe a .250 from the top and .250 from the lowest part of the side where the panel tapers downward. you can almost imagine it from looking at the casting marks on the back side, and on where it will fit into the dash cavity.I used my Dremel tool with the 3/4 in cut off blade and then trimmed the corners with a pinpoint rotary file. A little bit of sanding and was ready to install. The switch fit good I tried regular 5 minute epoxy, problem is it is too runny and will drip into the switch buttons. took it back apart and cleaned it all off before it set up. Went and got some 5 minute epoxy GEL that was the trick as it doesn't run.

I hope this helps all The DIC less ones out there!! sorry for the bad joke, but I can't help it.

Good luck !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts