Djm lower. Arm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like spindles and coilovers would be a better way to go. Glad to see this...doesn't make sense for the djm arms to work without the jounce stops..will spindles clear 24s lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
I'm running 26's with 2" drop spindles and it rides and drives excellent. When I replaced my wasted jounce stops it rode even better than before. From my experience I believe they are important and I don't understand how DJM just says to throw them out but offer no explanation as to what is replacing their function.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There was a recent post of somebody grinding them to touch even more. Smart.... Do it.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My djm lowers do not have a spot for the jounce stops to hit.There is a piece of strap that is for bracing but that's it .I called Tony again with these questions and he says factory upper control arms are ok to use,but man just by looking ,the balljoint angle is BAD.My truck drives like shit after the 3" lowers..Pulls both ways and wonders pretty bad.Alignment guy said it aligned no problem.I can't find ANYWHERE that talks about running the jounce stops with these lca's..Feels like something is loose in the front end ,I think its a combo of uca angles and no jounce stops.I sure wish I'd have done spindles!!

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a better term to explain my issues,bumpsteer..Bumpsteer is horrible with these djm lowers have gave me a whole set driveability issues.Sure wish I knew a fix for the bumpsteer and raodwalking..Sad to say,I'm thinking about taking it ALL off..

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have the DJM upper control arms for sale once my new uppers come in. They would have worked out well for me if I didn't go lower than the 3" that it gives.

Also, that "bracing" you mention (I call it the strike plate)... Is that on the front mounting point for the LCA? If not, then why would they brace just the rear?

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the djm lowers and run jounce stop there part of the suspension. The stop should attach on the truck side and control arm has a plate to make contact. You can run whatever stop you want depends how you want the ride.....the arms are design not to change the geometry I believe

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My djm lowers do not have a spot for the jounce stops to hit.There is a piece of strap that is for bracing but that's it .I called Tony again with these questions and he says factory upper control arms are ok to use,but man just by looking ,the balljoint angle is BAD.My truck drives like shit after the 3" lowers..Pulls both ways and wonders pretty bad.Alignment guy said it aligned no problem.I can't find ANYWHERE that talks about running the jounce stops with these lca's..Feels like something is loose in the front end ,I think its a combo of uca angles and no jounce stops.I sure wish I'd have done spindles!!

I have the djm lowers and run jounce stop there part of the suspension. The stop should attach on the truck side and control arm has a plate to make contact. You can run whatever stop you want depends how you want the ride.....the arms are design not to change the geometry I believe
I've looked at DJM's website and there is no pad on the lower arms for the jounce stops to hit in the pictures. I've also heard that DJM says to not use jounce stops because they're not needed. Maybe you both can enlighten us by showing pictures of this area. Maybe they have 2 different versions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts