Djm lower. Arm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just lowered my 05 Tahoe with Djm 3" lower control arms.Question is ,what jounce stops can I use?Any help would be great,I've searched but can't find my answer.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked him and he said don't run them.I thought these truck were designed to be ran with the jounce stoppers??After the install it drives weird,road walks..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked him and he said don't run them.I thought these truck were designed to be ran with the jounce stoppers??After the install it drives weird,road walks..
I remember thinking the same thing, that it wouldn't ride right without jounce stops because from everything that I know, they're an important part of the front suspension. I would contact DJM and talk to them. Maybe there's a way to retrofit jounce stops or they might have an explanation as to how the arms work without them. The answer of " just leave them out" wouldn't work for me. I'm interested to see what the resolution is; keep us posted.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure will.I am the same way,but he seems to know his stuff.I'm gonna call djm and ill post what they say.
I remember thinking the same thing, that it wouldn't ride right without jounce stops because from everything that I know, they're an important part of the front suspension. I would contact DJM and talk to them. Maybe there's a way to retrofit jounce stops or they might have an explanation as to how the arms work without them. The answer of " just leave them out" wouldn't work for me. I'm interested to see what the resolution is; keep us posted.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called djm and talked to "mike",dude isnt the best tech ive ever talked too,lol.He says oh yea it needs to have the jounce stops.Then i asked him why and he had no good answer at all.I told him how it was driving and he says,"let some air out of the tires",lmao..So I looked at yhe a arms a little closer and the factory (one that I had) doesnt touch the control arm at all..Guess I'm just gonna run it without?!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So he said it needs jounce stops but there's no place for them?

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So he said it needs jounce stops but there's no place for them?
No,he said do not use them.But I was asking if the design and how they use the jounce stops as an essential part is necessary with the djm lowers

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these arms require special alignment settings? It seems to me they'd alter the suspension geometries enough to do so. Maybe more positive caster?