DJM Control Arms!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mister H12

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Got eemmmm!!

SHE'S DROPPED!!!!!

Just gotta get it aligned today after work and it'll be perfect!

Great kit Tony, and thanks everyone!

tooeasy

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the DJM 3" LCAs that I just installed on my 2003 Tahoe LS SSV 2WD.

After installing the arms the truck didn't drop at all initially, but during a short test drive I could actually feel it drop, but it only dropped about 1 - 1/2".
I drove it a few more miles but it dropped no further. I turned the adjusting bolts out a bit (2 turns left, 4 on the right) just to see what would happen. This yielded a 2" drop. Next, I took it for a 10 mile hard drive, hitting every bump I could, and turning multiple circles in a rough parking lot with the wheel turned to lock. No joy. I don't want to torture the truck or my new tires any more.

When reinstalling the torsion bars, the right side went in okay, but I had to raise the control arm above horizontal and use a clamp on the key to get the left side to slide in, which was not mentioned in the directions.

The truck has not yet been aligned, but I'm going to have to get it done in the next day or two because it's my daily driver, even if it means going back and paying again if and when I get the 3" drop these LCAs are advertised to provide. I can't believe that a wheel alignment is going to provide any significant additional drop.

I checked the RPO codes and found that my front torsion bars are the base model, in other words, the "softest" available, and I have all the maintenance records from the PD the truck came from, as well verification from their vehicle guy that neither the bars or the keys have ever been changed.

Measurements: Left Front - before 34-3/4", after 32-5/8" (-2-1/8"); Right Front - before 35-1/4", after 33-1/4" (- 2").
(These measurements are with the key bolts turned out as noted above, so the actual drop from the LCAs alone was on the order of 1-1/2".)

I also installed the DJM rear 5" drop coils, with the trailing arm re-locators and shock extenders, and did the free travel mod.
Shocks are Belltech SP 10103B front, 2410FF rear. The rear end is 5" lower on the right and 5-3/16" on the left, just as it should be.
The rear springs are a bit stiff, so Tony's 5-6" custom coils are probably in the future. The front end rides surprisingly like stock and the cornering is greatly improved. So I'm happy except for the height of the front, with the 5" rear drop I actually have a slight tail down stance.

I have a call in to Tony, and called DJM's tech line. The man I talked to asked me to send pics which he'll forward to engineering, which I'll do tomorrow.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons