DJM Control Arms!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! Hoping someone can help me!

I need a video, or an extremely image heavy "How-to" on installing the DJM lower control arms.

The instructions that came with it aren't helping me for whatever reason..

I started the passenger side the other day and had EVERYTHING done.. except I had the key or something in the wrong position, so it ended up the same height as the factory one, except with major positive camber.

Everything I've ever done mechanically has been easy for me.. so I'm not new to most of this stuff, but torsion bar related stuff is just too much for me right now.

If I have to, I'll take it to a shop, but I've already done the rear by myself along with my other mods, and I take pride in learning to do things myself and being the only one to work on my cars.

SORRY to anyone who feels like I wrote way too much for a simple question :p

Please Help!!!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
call me i do these all the time I can walk you thru it.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drive it the suspension needs to settle. Hit a few bumps and she will sit as she should. Good luck.

OP
OP
Mister H12

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
call me i do these all the time I can walk you thru it.

I may call you tomorrow if I decide to try it again!

Just drive it the suspension needs to settle. Hit a few bumps and she will sit as she should. Good luck.

Nah Man! The front was WAY too high, the way I had it in, it may have even been higher lol

It'll get done one way or another, just wish I had a video... I'm a visual learner..

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
The torsion bar key bolts need to be decranked just about all the way. Pretty sure when I had mine the drivers side was just barely in and the passenger side was a little more than drivers side. When first putting it back on the ground you need to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock a couple times to get front end back down. also will need a test drive to settle a little bit.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah Man! The front was WAY too high, the way I had it in, it may have even been higher lol

It'll get done one way or another, just wish I had a video... I'm a visual learner..

Trust me man just take it for a ride. You most likely did nothing it wrong, every time you jack it up after it will look like your saying until it settles cause the t bar need to twist in.
I also know this because it happened to my truck when i installed the dim arms, My buddy shop installed them and when i went to pick it up thing looked jacked up and a tone of positive camber. I said no way, he was telling me it was my tie rods being out of wack, sure of enough i drove it and settle slammed and looked good. Just my 2 cents man I have had 4 suspension on the front of my truck and do just about all my work. I would give it a drive, good luck
Any pics?

OP
OP
Mister H12

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Well I guess that could be my problem.. I only installed the passenger side, and after I let it down I drove it all over the place and it didn't drop any.. just high and full of ugly camber. Maybe i should have done the other side too? Then drive it? IDK, but right now I've got stock arms back on until I can go at it again, but it's my DD so i have to have it driveable for work. Got the drop on the rear though, poppin wheelies everywhere lol

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You need to do both side or won't drop. Remember the swaybar being hooked up on the higher side will prevent the other side coming down.

Oh and remember a arm must be parallel with ground with you slide the torsion bar back in

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
like i said call me ill help you out or text me. A lot faster response and yes if you dont do both side it will not lower due to the swaybar pressure the higher side keeps on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons