Disk brake adjustment on 2002 GMC YUKON SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello did a search box help for this topic and came up with parking brake adjustment.
My daughters 2002 brake pedal goes to the floor board under semi- heavy braking.
I could do a re-do on all brake line bleeding and see what happens?
Some how check the Master Cylinder for something?
And some one here on the forums can tell me something else?
Just replaced all rotars and pads,including Parking brake about 3,000 miles ago.
Thank you.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master cylinder or air in the lines. Disc brakes dont have adjustments.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sir for the info. I will do a redo on bleeding all brake lines and then see where i am.
Good day.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Provided the master cylinder is good: Bleed bleed and bleed some more. It'll take you 2 quarts of fluid at least. You'll proably have to do a couple ABS stops, then rebleed, then do it again. Air likes to get trapped in there and without access to a techII or other high end scan tool, that's your only option to get it out

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Than you SNOWDRIFTER. Didnt know that gmc yukon are a ----- to bleed. Oh well i will just turn on Pandora and live in the garage for awhile.
Thank you for the heads up. This is my daughters car i bought for her. Still a great s.u.v.
Good day.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an assistant pumping the pedal to bleed the brakes, do NOT let them push pedal all the way to the floor. You's likely need a new master cylinder after that.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you AFPJ. I had mt daughter do the pumping last time. I believe that is my problem. There is a tool or some other method to bleed brakes Solo but forgot what that is?

Do you remember

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ABS has trapped air in the lines/ABS manifold if you have cracked any lines open. You wont get it all out if you just do the traditional bleed. You have to activate the ABS so it will push the air past the solenoids in the ABS system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu