Disappointing find: oil in the intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015i Yukon SLT with 20k miles. I know this not a new issue with GM vehicles, but I'm disappointed it hasn't been addressed. I was doing some PM and inspecting. Took the air plenum off to clean the throttle body, which was dirty, and found this in the intake.
IMG_4635_zpsm6ey16oo.jpg

IMG_4636_zpsn1jtkctu.jpg

Also had oil in both hoses going to the intake plenum. Is the passenger side of the engine still the "clean side" for the PCV system? If so, really surprised to see oil there. Didn't have it on my 2007 Sierra Classic. Guess I'll be installing a catch can soon.
IMG_4637_zpsbr9iofaw.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A catch can will cost around $100 and will resolve that in no time flat.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep...and hopefully prevent more than that in long term damage.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't believe so. I plan to initially attach it to the dirty side only. I won't permanently alter anything, but I do have an idea on using the OEM barb connections. Stay tuned...

2manycars4me

Reaction score
You might want to check on the warranty coverage. There was an article about a Camaro where the person installed a catch can and GM voided the engine warranty. The engine spun a bearing and was not covered under warranty.

Mattwth85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mines the same way. i have oil in the same spot on my 16' with 46,ooo miles, but its been there for awhile, wasnt sure if its bad or what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts