Disable AFM - Quickly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You already have what is called parasitic discharge on most vehicles and this item ads only very little to it. If driven twice a week you will not notice it, Without it you will have a dead battery if you park and fly for a couple of weeks or so, whether you have it or not. The cure is: if you know it will be unused for an extended time, unplug it, leave it in your glove compt. No I don't have any interest in the company or any connection with it

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^This. Mine is plugged in 24/7. Truck driven daily, but sometimes sits over the weekend. Have not experienced anything negative with it's use on the DIC or otherwise. Ran to Key West last weekend, averaged 20mpg down and back.

Quick and easy, not the cheapest, but great alternative and can unplug at will as needed for warranty or otherwise.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here, 24/7 plugged in and truck sits all week though, no probs, but then again i have 2 batts. I plugged it in april 1st i think and my onstar report comes on the 16th or 17th and this month it couldnt read anything and actually said an aftermarket device may be plugged in....
IMG_0807.PNG

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting - what year and model are you driving. As mentioned, mine is a 2017 Yukon Denali purchased 2/22/17. I've had two OnStar reports (March and April) and neither one reported any OBD port interference. Wonder if Range and/or GM changed something. My Range is version 8.1

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting - what year and model are you driving. As mentioned, mine is a 2017 Yukon Denali purchased 2/22/17. I've had two OnStar reports (March and April) and neither one reported any OBD port interference. Wonder if Range and/or GM changed something. My Range is version 8.1

2013 tahoe and onstar report came this month, no issues.....range still plugged in i havent unplugged it since i bought it.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased one from one of the fellas on the forum a few weeks ago for my 07 and seems to work as billed but noticed a spike in RPM's from 600 to 800-900 for a very moment when slowing to a stop then goes back to 500-600?

Anyone else experience that?

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gotten a TPS code in the past but it would only be on for a few days and go off but I wasn't having this spike in RPM, its only been after plugging the Range in. The engine light hasn't come on since disabling AFM,

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gotten a TPS code in the past but it would only be on for a few days and go off but I wasn't having this spike in RPM, its only been after plugging the Range in. The engine light hasn't come on since disabling AFM,
Nothing on my 17 Yukon Denali - rpm's rock solid with AFM disabled. What year, model and engine do you have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63