Differential yoke movement..please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My differential yoke has movement in it. I can twist it left or right before it seems like it catches and stops.I don't have that much left to right or up and down play like I see on you tube with people showing there bad pinion bearing....I know my slip yoke on the otjer end of that drive shaft was very worn n deformed. Cold my differential yoke be worn also?

Here is a video

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is trashed. Pull the cover, I bet there are some teeth missing.

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped off the diff cover today and everything still looks great. I took a video of the movement.
And I can't get it to go side to side. It only has a twisting motion. I am thinking the bearing is fine but what ever is on the other side is not. Like the shims and yoke and what ever else is in there. Here is a video.

Creese99

Reaction score
I got the same type of play going on. I opened up the differential and can't find anything wrong . If you figure something out lmk please.

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definitely put an update when I figure it out. I just got the socket to get pinion yoke off.

I got the same type of play going on. I opened up the differential and can't find anything wrong . If you figure something out lmk please.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really expected chunks of that ring or pinion to be missing. Perhaps the crush sleeve crushed, it's possible the bearings are bad, there is one in the front and one in the back.

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me get that pinion nut off. And I do not have access to heat. Is there any tricks to getting it off. Could I possibly cut it off with a chisel and hammer

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an Ace Hardware, Lowes or Home Depot nearby? You can buy a propane torch kit for under $20.

Did you try a breaker bar with an extension for better leverage? Did you soak the nut in PB Blaster or the like?

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got it off.I used a breaker bar and had to use my legs to push it. Just when I thought the breaker bar was going to snap. the nut pops free.

Got an Ace Hardware, Lowes or Home Depot nearby? You can buy a propane torch kit for under $20.

Did you try a breaker bar with an extension for better leverage? Did you soak the nut in PB Blaster or the like?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne