Differential flange loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I took the plunge. I did the upper control arms on both as a complete set, and did the lower ball joints and bushings on the Yukon.

I'm gonna restore this baby. But I have a problem.

When I did the Drivers side- when I reconnected the axle to the differential flange, it was tight and there was no spacing like in the picture.

When I did the passenger side, the differential flange pulls out and in as I muscle the steering knuckle around. As I was bolting the axle to the flange, if I were to pull it, it would pull the flange out 12-15 inches until it hit the sway bar. That can't be normal?? And how do I fix it?

I'm really psyched that I was able to do this much on my own in the backyard. I gotta be able to finish this.

How do I get the flange to sit tight? In the picture, there's about 1.5- 2 inches of space left between the back of the flange and the front differential. Nothing like that when I did the drivers side.

I hope I'm explaining this right. Any help would be very much appreciated!

IMG_4948.JPG

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
I found

I'll give that a shot tonight. Might be why the 4WD isn't working as well. Two birds with one stone..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic