DIC problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the DIC problem for months and could never figure out a solution until seeing your post. I tried it and for a week now no problem. I guess it worked after brushing the area like you said or it just reset after unplugging it. Hope it was the brush. Thanks

MPsgt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does your Chevy Tahoe instrument cluster go crazy and light up as a Christmas tree? I have a possible solution to this problem. I've already replaced my instrument cluster through a Chevy Dealership a few years ago but, started having these exact problems. After checking the ground wires behind the engine block, passenger side, and underneath the vehicle driver side door and front quarter panel. I confirmed both grounding points were good. The problem turned out to be moisture forming on the backside of the Cluster Panel circuitboard. I removed the dash face plate, four 7MM bolts that stabilize the cluster, and simply popped off the outside of the cluster box. There was a lot of visible moisture. I let it dry and cleaned with rubbing alcohol. I then applied clear silicone to the entire backside of the circuitboard. Let it dry and reinstall the cluster. Make sure to use silicone meant for electronics and acid free. It can be purchased at Lowes for around $4. The board will more than likely already have some silicone on the back applied by the manufacturer. I've done this and it has eliminated this problem in my Tahoe. It nearly drove me nuts! I offer no guarantees but, it worked for me.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
As old as I am, it still strikes me funny when I read someone is advertising that they have a DIC problem. Sorry! Lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
well while we are on the DIC subject I just added a DIC switch to my 2011 Po WHITE Hoe SSV. Police version is somewhat dicless ,now dic works great with no complaints. maybe now they can call it an addadictomy!!!:grd:
:anitoof: so police Hoes are dicless? :lol:

jimmys03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man I have been messing with my DIC for so long. Trying to find out why it would perform perfectly for weeks, sometimes months and then.....bam..... goes completely south..... for as long as i can remember..... Oh and Thanks for this thread to help with my Hoe too. lol (I was about to send it in for repairs, even though all gauges work.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts