Diablo inTune i2 - I'm a believer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Diablo inTune i2 for many months now but was never really too sure how much of a difference it made and always kind of questioned my expenditure on it as I installed the tune on the same day I also installed a K&N intake and always thought to myself how much of the change is due to the intake versus the stock 87 octane tune I installed.

Well, after this weekend I don't question that any more. I was finally due for an oil change this past weekend after installing the tune so I had to revert back to stock just to be on the safe side when bringing it to the dealership. I could notice the difference almost immediately on my way down to the dealership with regards to throttle response and just overall general performance. I kept the tune off all weekend as I thought I was going to be bringing the truck back to the dealership Wednesday morning to have a recall taken care. All weekend long it felt like I was driving a completely different truck.

I ended up having to reschedule my recall work to a couple of weekends away so this morning I just re-installed the 87 octane tune as well as disabled AFM. I didn't disable AFM before so I'm curious to see what kind of a difference it makes this time around with the tune, it sounds like from most on the forums here though that it will drive even better with it off.

I really need to get that custom tune from Diablew as I now have a feeling like I'm missing out from having a custom tune versus using a stock tune.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did about the same thing this morning. I had an appointment at 11 AM for the re-program and before I took the Yukon in I restored the original program. Holy Crap...what a difference !!!
As soon as I got home I set it up again as I had it...so now it's back to "NORMAL" LOL !!

I'm glad I pulled it out because my service tech told me the program update wipes all of the old off to install a completely new set up for the airbag sensors.

On a side note...the dealer gave me a new 2017 Acadia V6 AWD to drive around. If you get a chance...drive one....hotter than a "$3 pistol" with the 310 Horse V6 !! Very well balanced and pulls very hard....would make a great commuter vehicle.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This brings up a question then with the recall software update. I would assume that while the update will flash over everything, installing the Diablo time shouldn't come anywhere close to touching the part that the recall is addressing, right?

CTLT13

Reaction score
Big difference on my Tahoe as well (2013 LT), my tires chirp from 1st to 2nd gear now. I gotta K&N CAI, exhaust also. I think it easily gave 25-30 hp or tq.
Were you guys able to take off the speed limiter? My diablo tuner changes everything except that (it's in the menu as it changed it but still tops off around 90mph)

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tuner lists it as an option and I have disabled the limiter but I have not actually gone out and tested the fact.

CTLT13

Reaction score
Did it twice and did not work, thinking maybe something's wrong with the tuner, will e-mail the manufacturer one of these days.
I

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How that that programming unit work exactly? Do you have to leave it plugged and mounted to the car? Or do you just plug it in, change the programming then disconnect it? thanks