Dexos 2 oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
I was contemplating what to do when time comes to get my first oil change on the Yukon. I read current Dexos oil they service with at most dealers is a synthetic blend. I read online at another GM truck forum that around Sept 1st GM is switching over to a 2nd gen Dexos oil which is fully synthetic. Not sure if anyone else has heard this? I was originally planning to probably just switch to full Mobil 1 synthetic as I have in my other vehicles, but I still have 4 free oil changes and if its full synthetic I may just let the dealer do the changes for the first 2 years.

Anyone have any info about the dealer oil change? Thanks

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Mobil 1 until their full synthetic is available. I have never had to add any oil to my chevy trucks. I put Mobil 1 in from the beginning. You may have to pay the difference between the dexos and Mobil 1.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got my 16 Hoe and I used their free oil changes every other time and used Mobil 1 [0w20] in between their changes which was just a Blend like you said.

I change mine out every 5K miles not the 7500 that is recommended..With Direct Injection,nightmare traffic and constant jungle heat in my neck of the woods I do not feel comfortable going 7500 miles.

With that said you might want to wait till SEPT if what you heard is really true like Blueinterceptor said.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of 2017 Yukon Denali in February and was told that GM had already switched the factory fill to full synthetic AC Delco Dexos (0W-20). Just did first free oil change and the full synthetic AC Delco was used.

OP
OP
DLAv8r

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Took delivery of 2017 Yukon Denali in February and was told that GM had already switched the factory fill to full synthetic AC Delco Dexos (0W-20). Just did first free oil change and the full synthetic AC Delco was used.

That's what I was hoping for !

When I got my 16 Hoe and I used their free oil changes every other time and used Mobil 1 [0w20] in between their changes which was just a Blend like you said.

I change mine out every 5K miles not the 7500 that is recommended..With Direct Injection,nightmare traffic and constant jungle heat in my neck of the woods I do not feel comfortable going 7500 miles.

With that said you might want to wait till SEPT if what you heard is really true like Blueinterceptor said.

I'm the same way.. will probably replace the oil around 5k miles.

Go with Mobil 1 until their full synthetic is available. I have never had to add any oil to my chevy trucks. I put Mobil 1 in from the beginning. You may have to pay the difference between the dexos and Mobil 1.

If I can't get the free new dexos full synthetic then I'll push to Mobil 1 and pay the difference.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but...

What makes dexos so special?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google will satisfy your curiosity...maybe. Lots of info available. Dexos is a specification not a brand.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership's Dexos oil has been full synthetic for months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne