Detailing Efficiency Trick: How to Wash then Clay & Wax in just ONE step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane@TheRagCompany

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
People are constantly searching for tips, tricks & life-hacks, and detailers are no exception. So, when Yvan mentioned he had a trick up his sleeve for performing some common detailing tasks more efficiently, we knew we had to make a video about it!

Granted, this isn't a Chevy they're working on, but the same principles apply to nearly any vehicle. :D

NOTE: For vehicles with heavy amounts of mud and dirt or majorly caked-on bugs, etc. It's definitely a wise choice to pre-soak the vehicle with something like diluted Optimum Power Clean and remove the really nasty stuff prior to a general wash.

Anyway, enjoy the show and leave some comments on it if you're feeling generous!

OP
OP
Dane@TheRagCompany

Dane@TheRagCompany

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! We really try to be the kind of company that makes other microfiber & detailing companies jealous. :p Haha

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm a detailer in socal. Always looking for new products and tools to try out and see how well they work. Mainly because I want nothing but the best for my denali haha. I'd be curious to see this process start to finish I'm each panel all the way around the whole car. I typically stick with the old soap and water method to wash down a car. It takes so much longer but I feel like it just gets things cleaner than when I do a waterless wash. Especially because i live up in the mountains and the cars I detail on a regular basis get super dirty. Especially in the winter months or anytime we get heavy summer rains. I live on a short dirt road but anytime it rains my road turns into a mud pit and doing a waterless wash isn't an option when I'm cleaning my denali. It just doesn't pick up the to dirt and then all that crud goes into my microfibers and ruins them. Id be curious to see this on a car that's alot dirtier.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not for heavily soiled vehicles.

cambelsoop1

Reaction score
So u use this on an already clear car?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dane@TheRagCompany

Dane@TheRagCompany

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's not for heavily soiled vehicles.

Correct, you do this process if a wash with ONR will be enough to remove the surface contaminants, dust, dirt, etc. Heavy mud and severe road grime will require a pre-soak or stronger hose wash beforehand.

So u use this on an already clear car?

Basically. :D The Clay/Wax part of this assumes your vehicle has been washed clean prior, so the wash is a necessary prerequisite for the process.

The main goal behind a procedure like this is taking claying and waxing, (Which are normally performed separately) and combining them into a single step.

Since Wax creates a protective finish, this is not a process you want to use if you place to do any compounding/polishing/paint-correction afterwards.

Keep'em coming guys, I'm happy to answer questions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne