Detailed my New 2011 Black Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Nice man I wish the Cadi was that fresh!
a5019a7b38640784852dac5c64d5d162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Black looks so good freshly waxed. You made you taho look like new. Btw welcome. We are practically neighbors, I am just on the other side of the ditch. [emoji1063][emoji482]

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
Black looks so good freshly waxed. You made you taho look like new. Btw welcome. We are practically neighbors, I am just on the other side of the ditch. [emoji1063][emoji482]

Thanks! A paint coating gives a level of gloss and depth that you just can't get with a wax or sealant. I've been very happy with this coating! I've used it on a dozen cars or so by now.

We are almost neighbors! I'm in Amherst so not too far away. I'm hoping we get some serious snow now so I can go out and play around in my new truck and really test out these tires.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I am getting some now and one hell of a wind storm. Looks like this comming week we will have some snow. I am right over the rainbow bridge in Niagara Falls.
What was the coating you used ? I have been useing cleaner wax and carnauba wax. Just doesn't seem to give me what I am looking for. I know it could be better.

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
Yeah it snowed earlier but has stopped for now. This truck has Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating on it. It's by far the easiest coating I've used. I've also used CarPro CQuartz, CQuartz UK, Blackfire and OptiCoat 2.0. Wolfgang is the easiest to apply and has the longest working time and looks great!

Autogeek is currently having a coatings sale as well just FYI...

Carnuba wax looks good but doesn't last long. If you want a wax that will last a good while and looks decent, check out Collinite 845.

Sealant wise, CarPro Reload is a good one, or Optimum Opti-Seal is also super easy to apply and looks great. I've used both and use them regularly. Both are spray on and don't have a waiting time like some others.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I will have a look for these when I cross over for beer and gas. Lol. Yup still cheeper on your side. Auto zone or pep boys carry these products?

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
I will have a look for these when I cross over for beer and gas. Lol. Yup still cheeper on your side. Auto zone or pep boys carry these products?

Nope, sadly most of the good stuff is online only. Or at a specialty detail store but those are rare. AutoZone and those types of detailing products for the most part aren't stellar. Griot's is carried at Advance Auto and they're fine for the day to day detailer...I just personally use higher end products since my customers expect the best results I can provide to them. With proper technique the higher end products can yield better results.

Honestly if you put two coats of Collinite 845 on your truck it would last through winter and look great! Claying the car will really boost the looks though. Clarity and depth will only really come out after claying the car and removing the surface contaminants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts