Denalis that don't have 22s? Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has taken their Denali the other direction? I think denalis look good but I'm curious to see if anyone has maybe leveled one and put some 17s or 18s with all terrains etc.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has taken their Denali the other direction? I think denalis look good but I'm curious to see if anyone has maybe leveled one and put some 17s or 18s with all terrains etc.
My Denali was originally shipped with 17's, and had chrome 6 spoke flared 20" rims installed by the original GMC dealer.

I didn't care for the chrome or the flare when I bought it, so after a few months of CL searching I found a nice set of NNBS machined aluminum 20" rims and moved the tires over to them.

20170106_163920.jpg

Last edited:

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the nicest Denali I've seen!

That's a very clean ride, what year is it?

Thanks. Its's a 2005 with 158k on the odometer. It was in decent shape when I found it last June, and I've tackled a few mechanical and electrical problems over the past few months that were there when I bought it. I personally think the NNBS rims were what finally pulled it together for me. They were plasti-dipped black when I found them, and took the chance for $400 that they were in decent shape underneath. It was a real pain getting the plasti-dip off (WD-40 was the final solution), but I'm glad I took the gamble every time I walk up to it.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second one, prefer the older body style. I found my 2004 last December with only 43K on the clock. Other than adding an aux port and removing the CD player and installing a storage pocket, I haven't done much to it. I know what your saying about removing Plastidip, it's even harder to remove if it had a clear coat put over it. I'm so **** about detailing, I bout some Griot's extended scrub brushes so I can clean the backside of the rims without having to remove them. My wife, kids and neighbors think I'm OCD when it comes to keeping the cars clean.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 20s^ look good! I like that set! I have stock denali 17s on my 2006 with Michelin LTX A/T2s on them. It's a good setup. Despite them being chrome they are relatively easy to clean and to keep clean. I will be going with 20s once the snow is gone in the spring. I scored a set of denali 20s from the NNBS denali last fall on craigslist. Gonna keep the same tire setup. But the chrome is going away going to have a body shop paint them. I paint them to be like a titanium color, like what the premium package NNBS esky wheels look like.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about opening a detail shop several times, but I'm way to slow to make any money at it. I actually enjoy it. I just clay barred the exterior and use Meguiar's Unltimate Liquid Wax which give a really smooth deep shine, but have not found a leather conditioner I like. What are you using for leather? Sorry, for hijacking the post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep