Decent deal or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny--2k

Reaction score
They don't allow you to refinance for 6 months! If you do they will charge you a $2,500 penalty. If you buy the vehicle with cash outright, they will charge you a $2,500 fee (penalty). If you bring your own low cost financing, they will charge you $2,500 processing fee (penalty). Get the picture?

All dealers try to make money on financing, but I have never seen one that forces you into it no matter what. Also the fact that they purposely tried to mislead me on pricing is enough of a red flag for me to walk.

I'm sure there are others who like working with this dealer, but I can only discuss my own personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are charging you a fee to refi, pay cash, or bring your own financing... RUN! What dealership is this?

For starters, it's ILLEGAL. They can not do that, and they can not say that either. It should state CLEARLY on the contract that ther is NO prepayment penalty, 6 months, 6 days... doesn't matter.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are charging you a fee to refi, pay cash, or bring your own financing... RUN! What dealership is this?

For starters, it's ILLEGAL. They can not do that, and they can not say that either. It should state CLEARLY on the contract that ther is NO prepayment penalty, 6 months, 6 days... doesn't matter.

Looks like it's Dennis Dillon here in Boise. I'm from here and I wouldn't touch them with a 10' pole. The only few positive experiences I have heard about them have originated on this forum actually. When I bought my '16 last year I would have had to spend about $3k more to buy it locally from them, good thing Portland/Vancouver is close. Went there and back in a day and saved me some money as Dillon didn't want to match their price.

Mothnuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been shopping Tahoe's for the last few days. The op is right on with what appears to be the best deals with the current programs. I've priced 6 dealers in two states. I've been pricing Premiers. First has an MSRP of $71,410 and a selling price of $67,404. Second best is MSRP $69,845 with selling price of $66,465. Third is MSRP of $71,535 with selling price of $68,923. Their advertising is higher then the others. These are all using the 0% for 72 months. Trade values were all within $500. Doc Fees all over board (from $50 to $400). I plan to pull the trigger on Monday. Hope that helps!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been shopping Tahoe's for the last few days. The op is right on with what appears to be the best deals with the current programs. I've priced 6 dealers in two states. I've been pricing Premiers. First has an MSRP of $71,410 and a selling price of $67,404. Second best is MSRP $69,845 with selling price of $66,465. Third is MSRP of $71,535 with selling price of $68,923. Their advertising is higher then the others. These are all using the 0% for 72 months. Trade values were all within $500. Doc Fees all over board (from $50 to $400). I plan to pull the trigger on Monday. Hope that helps!

What two states did you search in?

Here in northern VA you can get a Tahoe Premier for a much better deal at Koons Chevrolet GMC. These prices are their advertised sales prices. If you go in they'll knock off a few more dollars too. I've attached a few examples. Plus I hear the prices are even lower at Lindsay Chevy in Woodbridge VA.

cd5bb73b5e48232b06cfcd25936f5720.jpg

1e65b0cbe6091ffce936e254879deaee.jpg

Mothnuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What two states did you search in?

Here in northern VA you can get a Tahoe Premier for a much better deal at Koons Chevrolet GMC. These prices are their advertised sales prices. If you go in they'll knock off a few more dollars too. I've attached a few examples. Plus I hear the prices are even lower at Lindsay Chevy in Woodbridge VA.

Those are way better prices. I'm from Kansas and priced local as well as OKC area dealers. I wonder if the programs are different. I know when I called dealers out of state they all ask my zip code to see what programs I qualify for. They also might be advertising prices if you don't use the 0%, but instead finance with GM to get the $2,500 discount and pay their high interest rates.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good high volume dealer like this on the east coast? Koons Chevy GMC is close to me but I've looked at Laura Buick and those prices are even better.
I got one here in Michigan if anyone needs... Randy Wise (Buick GMC) Auto Group. I get GM Executive pricing even though I know no one with a GM Discount.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it for the OP to get 0% financing from someone other than the dealer/GM?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard is it for the OP to get 0% financing from someone other than the dealer/GM?

In my opinion that is very hard if not impossible. Why would a lender provide a "free" loan? There must be another incentive such as moving a car off the lot. However, one's credit union can give you very competitive loans for both new and used cars that you can use at any dealer.