Debadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I used an off brand wheel when I did it several years ago because I couldn't find a 3M.

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my hole truck used heat gun and 3m eraser wheel. Also goo gone just to remove the little extra stuff worked great. If you use the eraser wheel don't use to much speed you will burn the paint away.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone debadged their ride? If so, how did you go about it? Pictures wanted!

I used dental floss (in a sawing motion to cut thru adhesive behind emblems) and rubbing alcohol to remove adhesive residue (I tried Goo Gone but wasn't as effective) to debadge "Tahoe" and "LTZ" from sides and rear. I did not use heatgun/hair dryer. I was lucky that I did this while Tahoe fairly new. I finished with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Meguiar's Ultimate Wax.

img_4126-jpg.73249

fullsizerender-jpg.73322

Eli B

Reaction score
Just did mine, only used a heat gun, old credit card, and goo gone. Came out well but took longer than I thought. Definitely makes an improvement and shows attention to detail.

IMG_1488.JPG

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I am going to have to do this! Anyone have any recommendations besides 3m wheel and low speed setting?
There's no "besides", get the 3m wheel. I've detailed professionally for years and that's my opinion. Plus it last forever, so it's worth the money. You'll use it on your next ride , or a friend's ride, or gf/wife , exc. I used it on several of my own vehicles, street bikes and snowmobiles. I've had the same wheel since I bought new in 09 when they first came out, back then I paid $40 lol

Use it on a lower setting, make sure paint is cool and in the shade. Start from one end and work your way to the other end letting it build up and majority of the glue will fall right off, the rest will fling all over you and your hands so don't wear your clubbing clothes lol.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to have to do this! Anyone have any recommendations besides 3m wheel and low speed setting?

I just used a heat gun, old hotel key and Rapid Remover adhesive remover (Goo Gone on steroids). Then buffed out with Mequires Correction Compound, polished and waxed. Replaced the Yukon XL emblem, but not sure the Denali will stay. The GMC had to go! PS Same method on the wife's black BMW can't tell anything was there.IMG_1046.JPG

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Using any cleaner or solvent will be abrasive and create scratches but if you have a have a handle on paint correction like @Dlayne then you're good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy