Dealership cancelled my purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you negotiate over email too? Or were the incentives good enough to just accept as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No negotiating. Just told him I wanted invoice price and Winter floor mats thrown in. He agreed immediately (since there’s still good margins at that level) and he emailed me when it was on the train making its way to the dealer.

Took all of an hour.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend is a salesman. He said emails are not binding so he wastes a lot of time quoting prices on deals that never come to fruition. So I would assume some sm are not going waste time and only concentrate on walkins. I had a dealer refuse to take my 2015 truck on trade for Denali Ultimate. Small dealer where owner has to approve all trades. I was sitting with sm while he appraised my truck. Not even a low-ball offer, just said I don't want your truck and walked away. End of the conversation, I went somewhere else and found the exact same truck right down to the color.

sickpup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Usually dealerships have a dedicated individual for internet/web based inquries. Admittantly, many people are "fishing" but it is she salesmans responsibility to ferret out the details of a deal or weather the person is a tire kicker. Most people now days don't want to walk into a dealership w/o knowing where ballpark numbers are.

Hell, I was getting follow up emails from the GM's personal secretary.

Hutto Covert TX was awesome for me

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend is a salesman. He said emails are not binding so he wastes a lot of time quoting prices on deals that never come to fruition. So I would assume some sm are not going waste time and only concentrate on walkins. I had a dealer refuse to take my 2015 truck on trade for Denali Ultimate. Small dealer where owner has to approve all trades. I was sitting with sm while he appraised my truck. Not even a low-ball offer, just said I don't want your truck and walked away. End of the conversation, I went somewhere else and found the exact same truck right down to the color.

Nothing is binding except for a signed contract.

Dealerships usually have an internet manager that manages the serious inquiries. I always negotiate over email. Not wasting my time sitting across from a sales guy.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is binding except for a signed contract.

Dealerships usually have an internet manager that manages the serious inquiries. I always negotiate over email. Not wasting my time sitting across from a sales guy.
Same.

And sometimes the internet dept doesn’t work off of commission so there’s a better chance of saving a little there. But I’m all about avoiding thirsty salespeople. I get they’re hustling trying to put bread on the table but damn majority of them rub me the wrong way.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer here has them marked up for “Adjusted Retail Market Value” and a few others in this state do too. Looking in Denver and Phoenix seems to be the standard $5k-ish off so I stopped wasting my time. Spring break we were planning a trip to Texas to see the inlaws so why not pick up a new car too and save way more money there. I’ve had really bad experiences dealing local.

Thanks to the Denali Ultimate Package, it’s super easy to find what I want. They’re a dime-a-dozen especially when the dealer has 150 XLs. I just have to make sure I don’t get an 18 built in 2017, I would prefer a more current build from GM..
Remeber that incentives will be tied to YOUR home zip code, not the zip code where you purchase the truck.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remeber that incentives will be tied to YOUR home zip code, not the zip code where you purchase the truck.
I remember, but that hardly matters. I rarely purchase here, after about 30 new vehicles the incentives are almost always the same across the US. There’s not a time I’m aware of that the incentives have ever been different.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember, but that hardly matters. I rarely purchase here, after about 30 new vehicles the incentives are almost always the same across the US. There’s not a time I’m aware of that the incentives have ever been different.
I’ve compared pricing between Washington DC and Houston and there have frequently been differences. In some cases, it’s special incentives such as military discounts and in others it is based upon inventory status.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve compared pricing between Washington DC and Houston and there have frequently been differences. In some cases, it’s special incentives such as military discounts and in others it is based upon inventory status.

I too look at Washington DC prices and even see differences between the dealerships. Most of the time those differences are, as you mentioned, various military and or nurses/first responder discounts. Some places include those discounts automatically in their advertised prices which I think is deceptive because not everyone can get those prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne