Dealership cancelled my purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are you saving off of just ordering one? I ordered one and paid about 11% off msrp

Not a great deal but easy and got exactly what I wanted.
Never considered ordering. I have a limited timeframe to purchase. And I’m not purchasing anywhere near local. Phoenix, Denver, the whole state of New Mexico can’t touch the discounts in Texas.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never considered ordering. I have a limited timeframe to purchase. And I’m not purchasing anywhere near local. Phoenix, Denver, the whole state of New Mexico can’t touch the discounts in Texas.

What % off sticker are you
Getting?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What % off sticker are you
Getting?
About 15.5%

Ordering would be a waste of my time anyways considering the 4 I’m interested in have been built no farther back than January. And I’m not attached to vehicles. I don’t see myself keeping it for more than 2 years.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you only looking at 2 wheel drives? Most of the ones I see down there are 2 wheel drive and therefore less expensive than the ones in Denver and in the northeast which are mostly 4x4.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 15.5%

Ordering would be a waste of my time anyways considering the 4 I’m interested in have been built no farther back than January. And I’m not attached to vehicles. I don’t see myself keeping it for more than 2 years.

Really, two years? Are these company/business vehicles for you or are you buying them for personal use? I guess youre not too far off many in my area who keep cars 3-5 years. (should have multi-quoted the one above)

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you only looking at 2 wheel drives? Most of the ones I see down there are 2 wheel drive and therefore less expensive than the ones in Denver and in the northeast which are mostly 4x4.
No, 4x4 is a must for me. I live on the CO border.

Really, two years? Are these company/business vehicles for you or are you buying them for personal use? I guess youre not too far off many in my area who keep cars 3-5 years. (should have multi-quoted the one above)
Ehhh. No, not usually company vehicles. I think we all have a thing we spend too much money on. This would be mine. Usually I come out without being upside down, sometimes I don’t though. I’d either get roasted or unwanted financial advice if I said how many I’ve had in how many years. It’s slowed down since I’ve had kids, I’m around 2 years now and it feels like a lifetime in one. My 17 burb I had for 12 months.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 15.5%

Was just curious. Ordering is as simple as sending an e-mail with the exact model you want to the dealer and then waiting for it to come in. No fuss no muss.

But I know people like the thrill of the hunt and traveling to get the best deal. I just don’t have time for that.

I know what you mean about keeping it. I’m just about 2 years in and am champing at the bit for something new!!!

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just curious. Ordering is as simple as sending an e-mail with the exact model you want to the dealer and then waiting for it to come in. No fuss no muss.

But I know people like the thrill of the hunt and traveling to get the best deal. I just don’t have time for that.

I know what you mean about keeping it. I’m just about 2 years in and am champing at the bit for something new!!!
The dealer here has them marked up for “Adjusted Retail Market Value” and a few others in this state do too. Looking in Denver and Phoenix seems to be the standard $5k-ish off so I stopped wasting my time. Spring break we were planning a trip to Texas to see the inlaws so why not pick up a new car too and save way more money there. I’ve had really bad experiences dealing local.

Thanks to the Denali Ultimate Package, it’s super easy to find what I want. They’re a dime-a-dozen especially when the dealer has 150 XLs. I just have to make sure I don’t get an 18 built in 2017, I would prefer a more current build from GM..

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you negotiate over email too? Or were the incentives good enough to just accept as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you negotiate over email too? Or were the incentives good enough to just accept as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been negotiating over email. Their discounts kept changing on the website. $13k, then a week later 8k, 10k... Two of them were like this, I emailed 4. 2 haven’t responded, one is still working on a price and another agreed on 16% off and wants my deposit.

Incentives alone definitely no bueno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne