Dealership cancelled my purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Always remember this, there are always MORE vehicles than there are buyers. The pig you worked with wanted to make 10K on the deal and could only make 2K so he blew you off. Not that hard to find where the actual vehicle is, and 400 miles is nothing, sooooo. Last resort order what you want, and negotiate 10K less than sticker on a vehicle that will be on their lot for 1 day.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2015 Silverado Double Cab 4X4 for $30,000 in July, 2016. Sticker was $43,000+. Had 812 miles on it but it was new. Plan on keeping it till I die so 821 miles meant nothing. Has only 8453 on the clock today. There are good deals everywhere so negotiate for what you want to pay for what you want to buy. Always be ready to walk away if you don't get the deal you want. I have many times. Sometimes I got a call and they took my offer. Sometimes not. No big deal.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I flew to mine and drove it 7 hours back home, left at 10pm drove all night till like 3am slept in the back and drove the rest of the way home in the morning. all it cost me was a one way ticket and gas.

I did the same exact thing about 20 years ago for a car I found a few states away. One way ticket, bought the car, and drove it back home about 8 hours. It was so much fun. I loved getting to know the car on that first maiden voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
400 miles would not stop me from making deal. call the dealer direct,
they will bend over backwards to move current inventory.

sickpup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
find what you want online and work the deal there... found mine over 300 mils away

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my burb 850 miles away and in two weeks I’m traveling 1,100 miles for a Denali. When you can save about $11k, what’s a little mileage going to hurt? Lol

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found my burb 850 miles away and in two weeks I’m traveling 1,100 miles for a Denali. When you can save about $11k, what’s a little mileage going to hurt? Lol

I totally agree. I traveled that much for a car once too. I'm curious as to which dealer you found your Denali recently?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. I traveled that much for a car once too. I'm curious as to which dealer you found your Denali recently?
Right now it’s a tossup between 3.

Covert GMC Austin TX
WestPoint GMC Houston TX
Beck&Masten North Houston

So if one doesn’t want to deal, I still have two others to fall back on.

sickpup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right now it’s a tossup between 3.

Covert GMC Austin TX
WestPoint GMC Houston TX
Beck&Masten North Houston

So if one doesn’t want to deal, I still have two others to fall back on.

to funny... got mine at Covert, weeks ago in Hutto.. super smooth transaction.. finance manager was great (no hard sell).. salesman was timely and knowledgeable.

\msg me if you need more info

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How much are you saving off of just ordering one? I ordered one and paid about 11% off msrp

Not a great deal but easy and got exactly what I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy