Dealership cancelled my purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek29588

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a weird happening today. I had my local dealership locate a Yukon xl Denali and it’s 400 miles away. We agreed on a price, dealer spent a couple hours making sure he could get the truck and then we proceeded to the finance manager. After I have signed pretty much everything but the contract, the sales manager comes in and says that he is sorry but they are not able to get the truck because it costs too much to go and get it.
Kinda shocked me and I said thanks and left. Not sure if I have anything I should do, I have been working with dealership that last 3 Days to make sure we took advantage of the employee pricing. But now I am without a truck and the deal is over. Do I have any recourse anywhere?

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt there is any recourse. Sounds like you were too nice when you left, I would've raised hell and made a scene, threw a temper tantrum or something of the sort to emphasize my point.
I'd just go direct to the dealer where they were going to pick it up, or ask how much it costs to pick up and negotiate from there.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derek, what a let down, after all the leg work you contributed. Are you sure the DEALER did not BUMP you out of the deal for their gain and profit ?
I would see if it's still available from the source, if it is, contact your local Banker for help in acquiring the vehicle. Just a thought, you never know who you can trust. Good luck to you and follow up with this story.
David g...........:)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? Contact dealer with the truck you want and see if they will deliver or meet part way.

My dad is retired and drives for a local dealer delivering vehicles and such for something to do. They send him 8-10 away at times.

OP
OP
D

Derek29588

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in South Carolina and the vehicle is in virginia. 400 miles away. The manager said that the trading dealer requested that they trade with a roller. And they weren’t making enough on the sale to cover that cost to trailer the trucks back and forth. Wasn’t the greatest deal either. Was $2000 more than I could get the truck for in Arkansas. Was just trying to purchase locally this time.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars come and they go. This dealer figured out that the deal was a non-starter.

Too bad, but don’t dwell. Move on.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can purchase from out of state. As suggested contact the Dealer with the vehicle and see if you can work it out. Speak to the sales manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu