DEALER **** STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have argued and refused to pay the diagnostic charge since you told them that you had already completed the diagnostic and told them that you needed your BCM replaced and programmed and that your not going to pay for the solenoid and labor to install the solenoid. The only charge you should get is the cost of the BCM and shop labor to install and program which should be at max 1 hour. On average around the country the shop labor costs per hour is about $100 per hour.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as people cater to them, it will go on forever. Most of the problems start with slick tongue management with little to no experience especially @ hiring qualified mechanics, s/writers are wimps. JMHO
and :2cents:.
David g........:)
Totally agreed #stealership

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to bring my Ram in last week for a couple of big issues. While in the waiting area I had a bunch of laughs listening to the service writers blow smoke up customers arses. One of my items needing repairs were my trailer lights. Fuse kept blowing. When picking up the truck I asked the writer if the problem was figured out and he informed me the tech probed the light system and he got good power. I screamed PRAISE JESUS....IT'S A MIRACLE! Of course he looked at me and I said I would love to meet this miracle man because the F^&@ing fuse for the trailer lights was in my pocket! Without a word he took my key back and brought the truck back into the service dept.
That's awesome. That just goes to show how shady they are. Stupid *****!!!!

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me. Which is why I avoid going to the dealership like the dealership is the plague. Lol. But I also have a client that's now a close fsmily friend thst owns a custom jeep shop up here where I live. I do tons of detail work for them. And they have extremely capable mechanics plus alot of the really expensive diagnostics systems. So he can always tell me what's wrong with my truck at any given time. And not everyone has that readily available to them. Good honest mechanics, that know what they are doing are hard to come by these days.
I've been a mechanic for over 25 years. My dad and grandfather were both mechanics and one thing that they taught me that was really important to them is to be HONEST and don't fix anything that isn't broken and always explain to the customer what you believe is the problem BEFORE you replace it and tell them the total cost for the repair. And also if I make a mistake and misdiagnosed the problem that I would have to pay for the part and not charge for the labor on that part. They said "do this and your reputation will lead to success" and they are right

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a mechanic for over 25 years. My dad and grandfather were both mechanics and one thing that they taught me that was really important to them is to be HONEST and don't fix anything that isn't broken and always explain to the customer what you believe is the problem BEFORE you replace it and tell them the total cost for the repair. And also if I make a mistake and misdiagnosed the problem that I would have to pay for the part and not charge for the labor on that part. They said "do this and your reputation will lead to success" and they are right
solid advice right there! It'd hard to find mechanics like you who know what they are actually doing, and are honest with customers like that!

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
solid advice right there! It'd hard to find mechanics like you who know what they are actually doing, and are honest with customers like that!
Thanks, it really irritates me when I hear about shady mechanics being dishonest and trying to cheat someone out of their hard earned money. I've even went to the extent of getting one of my customers a refund from a shop that tried to do the same repair before me and failed but still charged for labor and parts. I threatened them with a big lawsuit for my customer and they would loose a lot more money if they didn't. They knew I would have won and decided on a refund. Hindsight they are now out of business.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a veteran and every time I have a customer who is also a veteran they are never charged for labor, just the part. I also don't believe in marking up the price of parts. The auto parts store delivers the part anyways so there is no loss for time on my part. This is another shady thing that some stealerships and mechanics do.

The day after Mother's Day and Father's Day (since they are always on Sunday) are free labor as well. This helps me with my tax write offs.