Dashcam behind mirror...need power!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegooch49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi gang, I have 2012 Yukon Denali. I have a new Dashcam, that I'm looking to mount behind the rearview mirror. I'm struggling a bit to find switched power for this.....I have an 'add a circuit', and was going to put it on slot 49 in the engine fuse block. That slot was completely empty. But it does NOT have switched power on 49. Not sure why, it seems that others reported that this slot was a winner.

Is there another spot to add this somewhere that people can recommend? I did a search and found other answers, but nothing truly conclusive. Maybe I need to get over it, but I really don't want to splice into existing wiring or go too deep into taking things apart to find power. The 'add a circuit' was nice, because it didn't require any cutting, splicing, etc.

Does anyone else have an idea here? I'm not sure why 49 was a no-go for me, just seems dead w/ power on or off. Is there another spot, or 'no cut' solution to getting this wired up? Huge thanks for the help.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Yep, open the rt frt door. Take the cover off of the rt end of dash. there are two small brown wires in the fwd most connector, tap into either one of those it is switched power.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine wired to stay on. My dash cam has a g sensor and parking mode that has a motion sensor and will record until the motion stops, or after 15 seconds of video records after said motion stops. With the g sensor, if it feels a certain force, it records and locks the file so it can't be over write or erased.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505