Dash lights not on during day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lt1gmc

Reaction score
My sons 07 Yukon does not have the dash lights(gauges) lit during the day, which makes them hard to read often times. Is there a way to change that? My 09 works like I would expect, on during the day. Wondered if this was an 07 thing or something not set right.

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody else with this? Mine are very faint, the odometer and the gear selector and the HVAC display. I wonder if it's a setting because if it was just the cluster, seems like it would not effect the HVAC dispaly.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
anybody else with this? Mine are very faint, the odometer and the gear selector and the HVAC display. I wonder if it's a setting because if it was just the cluster, seems like it would not effect the HVAC dispaly.

Are you sure your dimmer is turned up?

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the dimmer is turned up, it’s just so faint it can hardly be seen in the daytime.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to test that or bypass it to find out?
Are your headlights on durning the day? Put a dark cloth over the sensors on a sunny day (or flashlight) then romve and see if lights go on or you can adjust the dimner switch.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My automatic lights are “ON” a lot later in the morning and a lot earlier in the afternoon than they were during spring and summer. And, no, it’s not because it’s much darker at this time of year. I can make it almost all the way to work, with sunlight glaring into my eyes, yet the lights stay on and gauges are dim. I’m thinking the angle of incoming light must have an impact on the ambient light sensor.