Dash Lights Dimmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Tahoe Z71 with Bose and while I'm driving I have noticed that the dash lights will all dim or brighten randomly. Same effect as when you roll the dial switch to increase or decrease how lit up they are. The dimmer wheel does not move while driving and it can happen just on a straight road with no bumps. Was looking for some input on how to fix. Thanks.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your alternator still good?
If it's a straight road I wouldn't think the adjustment wheel would be a problem. Almost sounds like it's losing power to me.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the computer on the GMT800s control the alternator output for increased fuel efficiency? If so, this may explain the flickering. Check your battery and alternator output. Anyone around you with a Tech2?

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 is doing the same. I’m not sure if it is the automatic headlight switch because when it gets bright I can kinda push on the switch lever and it will get darker or lighter.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the computer on the GMT800s control the alternator output for increased fuel efficiency? If so, this may explain the flickering. Check your battery and alternator output. Anyone around you with a Tech2?
That's a GMT900 thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts