Dash Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larryo

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an aftermarket Dash Camera on a 2015 and up Yukon/Tahoe? I'm looking to put one on my 2016 Yukon XL and can't decide where to put it. The area on the windshield around the rear view mirror is pretty much taken up by the components for the forward collision alert. I would like to have it installed in an area where it is not too obvious.
Also would like to know which cameras have been installed and are you happy with it?
Thanks

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just now stuck one of those round disks, that they send with gps units and such, to the plastic housing under my front camera sensor. Then suctioned the cam to the disk. We'll see how that works out in the long run.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, it's working great. I wired up a 5v USB mini-male (adapter/converter found on amazon) to the 12v found in the overhead console. Red w/ yellow and black that go to the homelink system.

911jason

Reaction score
Whoa, so you didn't have to run the dash cam cable all the way down to the accessory power ports?! Can you link to the parts you used and by chance any pics or step by step guide?

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
So far, it's working great. I wired up a 5v USB mini-male (adapter/converter found on amazon) to the 12v found in the overhead console. Red w/ yellow and black that go to the homelink system.
Can you show how you wired it. I want to do a hard wire where no wires are seen and that it will record while it’s parked so if someone hits it or messes with it when I have it parked in a parking lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have limited internet access for the next few weeks. I will post up info and links towards the end of the month.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I have limited internet access for the next few weeks. I will post up info and links towards the end of the month.
Does your camera have to connect to wi fi? Or is that to download. I didn't realize they needed wi fi

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need the internet (not wifi). The camera has a memory card that pops out for downloads/uploads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9