Dash board rattle noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcb00a

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

just picked up a 2018 Denali last week with 9 miles on it. Love it so far, but have noticed that when driving there are small creaks and rattles near the center console/dash area. They are small, and not very noticeable until the radio is off.

I've tried holding the cupholder and cubby doors, seeing if trim is loose around the center console, etc.

My 2016 Sierra with center console did not do this and I would have thought at $60k this would be a bit more buttoned up. Does anyone else have this issue? If so is there a piece of trim or something that needs to be padded behind it?

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

just picked up a 2018 Denali last week with 9 miles on it. Love it so far, but have noticed that when driving there are small creaks and rattles near the center console/dash area. They are small, and not very noticeable until the radio is off.

I've tried holding the cupholder and cubby doors, seeing if trim is loose around the center console, etc.

My 2016 Sierra with center console did not do this and I would have thought at $60k this would be a bit more buttoned up. Does anyone else have this issue? If so is there a piece of trim or something that needs to be padded behind it?

Welcome to the Yukon. Everyone I have been in does it. I have ocd issues so I notice things like this. Seems to be a new vehicle thing. Several new vehicles I have been in lately all had noises.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Check to make sure the clips on the overhead visors are tight. I was CONVINCED I had a rattle in my center dash and it turned out to be a loose clip in my driver side visor.

JoeD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2017 Denali does the same thing. I think I narrowed it down to the plastic trim around the dash controls. Mine creaks every 10-15 minutes... Annoying

PeteG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had anyone solved it? I tried tearing the dash apart a half dozen times and putting hard foam, weather stripping, the silicone spray suggestion. I've tried adding electrical tape to all the clips for damping. Name it . Still the rattle persists just as described above. Driving. Me. Crazy.

TaholyRoller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I had the same issue(s), one was coming from the cup holder area where it meets the tub for console storage area, and another coming from the speaker grill near the windshield on the drivers side. The dealership fixed both under warranty. I agree with you on quality concerns at this price point.

PeteG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been struggling alot with these rattles in the center stack area. I thought for sure it was the bezel around the AC controls. Padded it so much. No avail. Then I learned that some pre 2016 models have a screw thats too long. It's deep in the dash. Gotta have the screen up, and move the wiring harness on the left of the CD player a tad and you can see it. Found these photos online4644862.gif 4644864.gif

PeteG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far so good. I mean I just did it yesterday so I only had one road test...I will know more today. It typically only rattled for me when it got warmer out. I would drive to work in complete silence, then leaving in the late afternoon and I couldnt get the radio loud enough.