DaRosa218's Build Thread- 2007 Suburban Z71 3LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Ok, so I figured it would be a lot easier to create a build thread to track the progress of my build so I don't keep blowing up the General Thread, lol.

Lets begin:

2007 Chevrolet Suburban 3LT Z71 with the LC9/4L60E combination, both recently rebuilt with 160K original miles to date.

Interior

Pretty much stock with fully powered everything with all black leather and absolutely flawless! I have the captain seat middle row with bench 3 row seating.

Sound system is currently the stock Bose/Navigation system with DVD including the overhead DVD player as well. I have bought the park over ride harness to watch on the front screen while driving, just haven't installed it yet.

Exterior

Factory GM sport red with Z71 accents. I have so far only plast-dipped the silver on the bumper as I felt it didn't match the truck at all. I plan on painting the entire bumper sport red in the near future.

Windows are factory tinted with 35% on the front to match all the way around.

Currently debadged and soon to be demolded. I also have these on order to place where the Z71 emblems were once everything else is complete: http://www.mdgglobal.com/inventory/gmc/sierra-z60hp.jpg
http://www.mdgglobal.com/inventory/gmc/sierra-z60hp.jpg
AVS hood deflector in smoke black thanks to all the rock chips in my hood (Damn gravel trucks!)

Suspension

Stock for now with a 2/3 drop on the way. I was originally going to do a 3/5 but decided to have a more sport stance that dropped. She will be on spindles front and of course springs rear with Belltech Sport shocks. I also plan on upgrading my swaybars and spohn control arms.

Rim/Tires

20" Texan Replicas with black accents on 275/55r20 Zeetex SU1000 for now. I have 275/55r20 Hankook Ventus ST that will be installed soon.

Performance

MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust, AEM Dry filter (Kind of sad in the performance department currently)

And now the fun part:

Future Modifications

AFM Delete with new Rod Caps and Bearings with LS9 6.2L cam, LS7 Lifters, LS6 Valve springs, GM LS9 head gaskets, ARP Head bolts, ARP Crank pulley, GM 3 bolt cam gear with ARP cam bolts. Hi-volume oil pump, etc. Have heads dipped, CNC port and polished (Luckily a friend owns a machine shop) So Basically another rebuild, LMAO

All parts provided by: https://www.texas-speed.com/p-717-dod-afm-delete-kit-for-536062-engines.aspx

Fast LSX/RT Intake, Jet performance throttle body, Holley Hi-flow fuel rails, Black Bear Performance tune

JBA Cat-forward ceramic coated headers and hopefully CA-complaint Hi-flow cats if I can actually find some.

S&B Dry filter intake

Corvette Servo with Monster SS shift improve kit, Mag-Hytec pan cover

Yukon Dura grip posi-traction rear diff with factory 3.73:1 ration as I currently have now on a G80 diff. Mag-Hytec rear diff cover

Interior will be upgraded tastefully with Dynamat doors and panels, Lightning Audio LA-8004 1600w Amp with Lightning Audio L2-D412 12" Subs. I mostly listen to mellow rock so don't need earth shattering bass. All door speakers will be upgraded as well as a upgraded deck as soon as I find what I want.

Well, that's the plan so far :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the plans and the go fast plan!!! That's the one thing that mine is lacking that would be awesome to undergo at some point. Maybe when Mrs. Burb is done using it to cart around little ones :D

Glad you started a thread, man :)