Dana 44...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emadjc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am considering a SAS, but thinking to build a nice trail rig. Not looking to build a hard core rock crawler.
Looking at the prices for 3/4 - 1 ton axles, and those would be out of my budget. I figured I could most likely afford a front dana 44 and slap that in, while keeping the stock rear end. My idea would not to go bigger than 35" tires. Would most likely have 33" tires.
My question is, would it be worth it?
I like the idea of a sold tried and tested simple front axle, with parts less likely to break. Has anyone put a d44?
Thanks for any input.

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
im only running a 6" lift kit and have ran 35's for over 2 years now without major issues, if you did a SAS wouldn't you pretty much have to have more lift than just 6"? If so I feel like 33's would be wayyyyyyyy too small for that much lift... just my .02

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just about to ask the same question on usinga dana 60 front running coilovers. Am planning on gathering the parts starting now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17