Dam thing won’t start!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexquade

Reaction score
I THINK that year gm, the keys can be reprogrammed by leaving the key in the on position for 10 minutes. Absolutely no less. Turn the key on and set a timer. Worked a 2000 old body Tahoe limited. Or 99. I don’t remember.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think there is a transponder in the keys.
Thats not what I said, but keep running around looming for an answer...

The sensor is in the ignition housing. It is only triggered when you rotate the key cylinder, when the magnet in the key cylinder activates the sensor then it send signal to the BCM

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for an issue with the VATS as well, they get glitchy when the cylinder housing gets old.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced the ignition switch, but did you replace the switch housing? That's what has the sensor in it.

Replace the housing and relearn the keys, if that doesn't work, then replace BCM

As quoted above, you said that the keys would need to be relearned and that just is absolutely not true. There is nothing within the key for any sensor to "relearn". So keep making up stories and maybe one day you will get lucky and will be true.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried rocking it when it doesn’t start. That doesn’t help. I’ve replaced the ignition switch. When it won’t start it legit does not make a sound. No click nothing it’s dead silent
is the "security" light flashing? when it does the no start?, normally even if that was the problem it would start and die start and die, but you never know I've seen weirder things before.

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wifes 99 slt did the same thing. I was so pissed I slammed the drivers door and heard a CLICK. Wife reached through window turned the key and it fired. Turned out to be a bad ground.

memphizhoe

Reaction score
So did you ever find the problem ? I’m having the same issue. 05 Tahoe . Just curious .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu