Cutting the 5305 for 5 inch plus drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Done this many times on guys trucks over the years.

With the springs installed you will see 5 coils touching you can cut dead coils and will not change the ride. MAKE SURE YOU CUT THE SIDE THAT THE COILS TOUCH!!! NOT THE OTHER SIDE

1.jpg

Cut first 2 loops
2.jpg

Above cut will drop the truck about 5/8 to 3/4s. Remember if one side is higher ALWAYS CUT FROM THE HIGHEST SIDE FIRST because it will bring down the OPPOSITE side also. So of pass side is higher cut Above from that side first put back in and test to see if drivers side needs to be cut.

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this up Tony. I have these and was contemplating on cutting them or not or just getting the tb springs.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no prob im going to cut another 1.5 loops tomm on my wifes tbss. Im testing them on her truck also since no one really uses the 5305 on the trailblazers.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much would this drop my tahoe, by cutting it. If right now im at 32 all around on a 285/50/20.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
depending on how much you cut up to 2 inches.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just finished up another truck today im hoping owner shoots me pics.

4 inches in front via djm control arms
6 inches in rear via 5305 Cut 2 coils with djm hardware kit and belltech shocks

tbss replicas on 285 35 22

Truck still rides nice but going to add the helper bags when he loads up.

with 2 coils cut you still have 2 more dead coils you can cut if you want to get lower.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just finished up another truck today im hoping owner shoots me pics.

4 inches in front via djm control arms
6 inches in rear via 5305 Cut 2 coils with djm hardware kit and belltech shocks

tbss replicas on 285 35 22

Truck still rides nice but going to add the helper bags when he loads up.

with 2 coils cut you still have 2 more dead coils you can cut if you want to get lower.

Is it a truck or Suv? Either way hope he sends you pictures. Interested in seeing it w/ the rear springs cut.

When is a C-notch required? For instance on my 05 Tahoe. How low could i go w/o having to notch it. Im on 275/50/20 tire

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is it a truck or Suv? Either way hope he sends you pictures. Interested in seeing it w/ the rear springs cut.

When is a C-notch required? For instance on my 05 Tahoe. How low could i go w/o having to notch it. Im on 275/50/20 tire

was a brand new 2012 tahoe.

in rear since using helper bags he can lift it up but at the 6 inch level with 15 psi in the bags it wasnt that bad with the bracket cut off. His truck sat really nigh in rear im wondering now if gm changed the rear spring heights on the 2012s.

On his at the full 6 inch level I would notch it but it wasnt as bad as you think.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

id cut 2 coils out of your 5305 springs and honeslty I think you still will be ok with helper bags.

Right now how low is your front compared to rear?

275 50 20 you can go easy 4 inches because on a 305 35 24 a 3/5 drop is fine and your tires are over 1 inch shorter.

Hammered Avy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have any pic's of a notch on nnbs and does it affect the towing capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne