Cup holder cover stuck. How to remove.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brendon444

Reaction score
The little storage cover in front of the cup holders is stuck and wont close or open. How does this come apart. How can I remove it to see why it is jammed.

console1.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put both hands on either side of cup holder and pull up. That should get you started... not sure how new stuff comes out but cant be too much different than nnbs

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That piece removes. Open the center console lid. I think there may be some screws there. After removing the screws, start at the back and start pulling upward unlatching the clips. Work to the front and when at the front pull backward to the rear. Pull smartly buy don’t bust it.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on removing the console. No screws, but you'll have to take the driver's side dash end piece off by the fuse box (all clips - just pull from bottom), and the bottom piece below the steering wheel (4 screws - I believe torx, and a good yank), and then do as stated above, starting to pull up from the rear.

The unfortunate need for removal of the other parts is because there's a flare/flange thing on the driver's side that is behind the lower dash - that piece is not on the passenger side, so you don't need to take that side apart. Once you get it off, though, you can dremel the aforementioned flare/flange thing off since it is hidden and doesn't really serve to secure it in any way, and you'll be able to get it off much easier if you need to in the future.

Anyway, once you get it off, you'll see the mechanism for the cover. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hottyson