Cruise Control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leonpiper69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I found something wrong with my new 07 **...... :(

The cruise control does not work at all. IT lights up when you press the on/0ff button but that is it.

I tried searching but my google-fu is weak.

Are there common issues that come up concerning cruise control? Common things to check before really tearing into it?

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Months late but am just browsing around and saw this. Check/change your brake pedal switch. Its probably stuck, wore out, broken.... Cheap fix and you should be good again.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole different animal but that was the problem (brake switch at the pedal) on my '99 Dodge Ram too.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue, but the light on my steering wheel does not even come on...any ideas?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a brake light bulb burnt out in either of your tail lights, cruise control will not work. Safety feature that gm built into these. At least that’s how it is on my 2006. Check your tail lights first. Cheap easy solution if that fixes it haha.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your owners manual should show you which fuse. If you don't have a hard copy look online for the PDF version. Good luck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue, but the light on my steering wheel does not even come on...any ideas?

Could be the module on the steering wheel, clockspring, etc. If you try to operate it and it does not work the BCM should set an internal code that you can pull with your Tech2. Didn't you also have something going on with the steering wheel position sensor?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the module on the steering wheel, clockspring, etc. If you try to operate it and it does not work the BCM should set an internal code that you can pull with your Tech2. Didn't you also have something going on with the steering wheel position sensor?
I never saw any codes come up when I had the scanner hooked up. The airbag was deployed, so maybe clockspring? I will be checking fuses and stuff like that first.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never saw any codes come up when I had the scanner hooked up. The airbag was deployed, so maybe clockspring? I will be checking fuses and stuff like that first.

Well, it could be the switch itself on the steering wheel. I'm sure you have access to them in the scrap yard to test/swap out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne