Cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had mine go out, the dealer said it was the button on the steering wheel, and replaced it for around 400. Didn't fix it. After finding this page I told them to replace that limit switch and it worked another 250.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had mine go out, the dealer said it was the button on the steering wheel, and replaced it for around 400. Didn't fix it. After finding this page I told them to replace that limit switch and it worked another 250.

ouch! $650!!!!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If it didn't fix it I wouldn't have paid the $400.

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it seemed to have worked. It would work sometimes and not others. So it seemed to have fixed it at first.

I had a extended warranty, so it costs me 100

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it seemed to have worked. It would work sometimes and not others. So it seemed to have fixed it at first.

I had a extended warranty, so it costs me 100

They should have a warranty on their work, so you should have taken it back as soon as it didn't work again. Dealers ,especially, should be held accountable for their diagnoses and work. $100 or $400 doesn't matter. You paid to have your cruise fixed and they didn't fix it. If they get away with what they did to you, it makes it more likely they will do it to others.

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 100 was for the initial repair. They fixed it again, and waived the co pay.

It works now. That is the best part.

Palomar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's still hard to believe that replacing that $!#*% tail light switch cured the intermittent cruise control problem! But apparently it did.
First I took the original switch apart and burnished the contacts. Then I tested it with a meter and both sides of the switch worked fine. After reinstalling it, the CC was no-go. WTF??
I ordered the AC/Delco part #25981009 from Amazon for $15 with overnight delivery. After installation, CC works great now.
That retainer clip is a b#t#h! I finally bent parts of it slightly to give it a little less resistance. Then it snapped right on and is still 100% secure.
Thanks to everyone for their input to this thread! Probably saved myself at least $500.

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow wow WOW!!!

The knowledge here is just absolutely freaking amazing!

I have been without cruise for a year. STUPID ME for not thinking to search "cruise control" on the TYF until today.

I tried cleaning the contacts in the switch but that didn't work... bummer. In the process I broke all 4 of the stinking tabs on the thing so I thought I ought to go ahead and replace it. To my surprise, Advance AP had one in stock.

Voila, fixed, I'm cruisin again :)

Here's som pics of the box:

IMG_8465.JPG

IMG_8466.JPG

IMG_8467.JPG

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tearing that switch apart and cleaning it etc. Will NOT work.

You must replace the unit. Been there done that.

Also the new ones are redesigned to stay on properly. The old ones will make the brake light turn off if you lift off the pedal .5 and inch.

Try and see and you will know if you have the old or new style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989