Crooked bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny--2k

Reaction score
So my front bumper is hanging slightly crooked. The passenger side has a larger gap than the drivers side between the bumper and the fender. I've seen a few very very old threads on this, but nothing recent or nothing with definitive answers as to how exactly to go about fixing this issue.

One thread mentioned body washers... what are those and where can I get them? Here are a couple of pics for reference...

BZy2dyU.jpg

aL5Ricf.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I would start by loosening the mounts and pushing it up with a jack to where you want it (or best you can) and retightening it. There is a bit of adjustment room there.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you won't need to use a jack but there's a J shaped support that has more than likely slipped. Mine has a three inch square bracket attached to compensate for the body lift but this is more than likely what you'll need to loosen up, push up and hold the bumper where you want it, then resecure it.

image.jpg

OP
OP
johnny--2k

johnny--2k

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you! I take it your talking about the bolt to the right side of the picture correct?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10.4 but don't forget to follow that support back to frame and make sure those two bolts are tight too. Good luck brother.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look at those. My bumper is in odd places. Lol. It was sagging until last summer when I had a slight fender bender. And then it gut pushed up a little tighter but it's off a bit. Need to adjust.

OP
OP
johnny--2k

johnny--2k

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I finally had a chance to check those mounts, and they are up as high as they will go, so is there any other adjustments I can make to get the bumper more flush outside of physically bending it into place? :emotions122:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I finally had a chance to check those mounts, and they are up as high as they will go, so is there any other adjustments I can make to get the bumper more flush outside of physically bending it into place? :emotions122:

I don't think so... I'm planning on taking mine off this weekend if I get a chance. I'll come back if I find anything useful.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NBS body lines are not as tight as the NNBS and K2XX body styles. My 2013 Suburban is pretty tight compared to my Tahoe. And they vary by truck. Note the gap I have between my bumper and front fender. But it is level.

I did use a jack and loosened and tightened the bumper supports numerous times especially when I had the bumper off to color match. We are both sporting the same size gap, even though I have seen some that are tighter than that.

I know that doesn't solve your issue, but just sharing your viewpoint.

IMG_3853.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87