Creaky driver's seat - driving me crazy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cptmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2001 Tahoe in the LS trim. Leather front seats, power forward/back/up/down, manual lumbar and recline.

The seat makes a creaking noise every time the momentum of the truck shifts; in other words - when I use the throttle, the seat shifts ever so slightly back and it creaks. Let off the fuel and prepare to brake and the seat settles forward, it creaks.

This is driving me bonkers!

I've pulled the plastic side cover and soaked everything I can reach with lubricant, WD-40, lithium and graphite.... But nothing I try seems to find the noisy area! I honestly can't tell if it's coming from the base, the upper portion of the seat back, or somewhere in between. Perhaps it's all of the above.

The seat itself is bolted down right, and this is not the notorious "sliding seat" issue we've all read about. It's just when the seat back itself moves. I cannot seem to put my finger on the darn noise!

Has anyone else experienced this? Were you able to solve anything? It's making me nuts. I just keep turning up the radio, but that's just a band aid!

I need your wisdom...... What should I try next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518