Crappy satellite reception fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamesd546

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe lt and am getting tired of finding good satellite channels only to have them fuzz out all over town. Is there any way to fix this issue? My hunt for a solution is not as fruitful as I'd hoped.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the first thing you should do is see if the coax cable is still good by using an advanced scan tool that can read BCM codes. The computer does test and watch for failing coax and antenna so the first order would be to see what the computer sees. The good old Tech2 is perfect for this job.

Every once in a while when I run a scan this code will come up and sometimes my reception is poor. I reset the code and it goes away but someday it will require some work. My Onstar light is never red and once my radio antenna threw a code and reception was down that day but I reckon it dried out and went away. No water leaks noticeble and we've since put some RTV around the shark fin and it hasn't come back. When the XM/Sirius and Onstar cable has an active code, it has not affected performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt