Crank No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93dituneex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I have a 2001 Tahoe 5.3 2wd and having a crank no start problem. The other day i drove it to the grocery store and back and had no problems what so ever. The next day my wife goes out to drive it and it will not crank. You turn the key and it acts like it wants to crank but won't start. Had battery tested and is good, replaced fuel filter, listened to gas tank and fuel pump is priming, tested for spark and does. Also pushed the shrader valve to see if i had fuel and i do. Baffled as to why it will not start, any help is much appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the starter going? if it is and it just is not starting up check to see if the "security" light is flashing, if so then leave the key on for approx. 10 minutes 30 seconds or until the security light stops flashing then turn the key off for 30 seconds and restart.

OP
OP

93dituneex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is the starter going? if it is and it just is not starting up check to see if the "security" light is flashing, if so then leave the key on for approx. 10 minutes 30 seconds or until the security light stops flashing then turn the key off for 30 seconds and restart.
Starrer is engaging, ill try the security trick when i get home today. Thanks

OP
OP

93dituneex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to sound like a retard but key on position is where security light is still flashing and dinging is on from door being open?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id go right to the fuel rail key to run, see if you got fuel pressure. theres a shrader valve on the rail, uncap it, push the pin in, gas should shoot out with force, (watch your eyes) if nothing comes out, you need a new fuel pump.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a retard but key on position is where security light is still flashing and dinging is on from door being open?
when the key is on the security light should be solid not flashing, it should be solid then turn off after a second or two with the key in the on position, yes the door will ding though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons