Cracked dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 yukon with a cracked dash and have read on the internet that this seems to happen on a lot of Tahoe's and Yukon's. Finally got hold of someone in customer service and they said yukon was too old and there was nothing they could do. Has anyone gotten theirs fixed and if so do you have a number to call r someone to speak with that actually wants to assist. I have driven GM's 1964 and am about to look else where for a new car.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Join the club, you and about 7 thousand Facebook followers have the same issue. There are many threads on this forum about a cracked dash. There's a good utube video on how to fix it yourself. If you want the dealer to fix it for you, prepare to open your wallet wide. GM most likely will do nothing . Welcome from NC !!!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^This. I have 2 cracks and there are, as he said, multiple threads on this site and all across the webz.

Thx Nathan for the threads. >>>

Last edited:

ravedood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am on my second cracked dashboard for my 2008 Tahoe. First one cracked while under warranty and was replaced at the dealer. Second dash has also cracked and is out of warranty. I think its the type of plastic that was used. I ended up buying a Coverlay hard cover molded to my model car from ebay for about $150. I will be installing it this weekend. I know there was a group trying to sue GM for this issue since in the event of an accident the dash would basically be shrapnel. Not sure were that went.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota settled their class action lawsuit for rusted frames on the Tacoma, Tundra, and Sequoia back in April for over 3 billion, plus an additional 10 million in platiffs lawyers fees.

I'm sure some law firm would jump on this if there were enough people to join. Since this is not a safety issue, it may make it a little more difficult.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 11 avalanche cracked did a dashskin cover. looks awesome, not hard to do, less than $200

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine also cracked in the common spots. I used some JB weld plastic bonder to seal them up. I know it doesn't look the greatest but I'm hoping it stops the cracks from spreading. It's been a couple weeks and seems to be holding up. Might get a dashskin if it starts to bother me.

2017-08-01 21.58.40.jpg 2017-08-02 15.56.20.jpg 2017-08-02 15.56.38.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518