Cracked dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rte203

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any body else have the cracked dash?
Im really irritated woth GM not fixing the issues with theses dashes.

Please post picture of your dash to facebook:
07-13 GM vracked dash safety hazard for all trucks

GM needs to man up

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a whole sticky thread in the 07-14 interior section, plenty of people have had the problem. I would suggest reading through the thread, there seems to be a few different solutions to covering/DIY fixing the cracks or getting lucky with a dealership that wants to help.

OP
OP
R

rte203

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im more interested in getting everyone together and going after GM

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM has at least partially taken responsibility for the poor design / polymer blend of the dash. My dealer actually pointed my crack out to me when my tahoe was in the shop for service and offered a large discount to get me one of the updated (2012/13+) dashes + install it. You just have to find the good dealers out there.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I think that GM should man up and replace the cracked dashes, it will never happen on a large scale. Just look at the Takata air bag fiasco. Just too much money out of GMs pocket.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do notice that if you keep a sunshade in the windshield to keep the sun off of the dash, it will keep them from getting worse. I have one that wants to pop up if I forget to put the shade up during the day but it lays right back down once the temp drops inside the truck.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit that ain't gonna happen, GM's got deep pockets and they know it.

^ This guys. Hate to say it but the gmt900 is old news. Threaten GMC all you want, but cracked dashes are part of our trucks. They will never issue a recall or make good on this subpar part. Hopefully they learned from this disaster for the next gen.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do notice that if you keep a sunshade in the windshield to keep the sun off of the dash, it will keep them from getting worse. I have one that wants to pop up if I forget to put the shade up during the day but it lays right back down once the temp drops inside the truck.

This is the answer. I'm militant about putting my sunshade in the windshield every time I leave the truck. I expect my dash to last the life of the truck.