Corvette servo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the explanation, informative.
No problem. There are writeups all over the net that explain everything in alot more detail than I got into. There is so much going on within our transmissions its not even funny. Now that they are coupled with the PCM and have electronic control they are not near as boring as the older brother 700R4 non computer controlled.

jwlt500r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think your guy that rebuilt is full of it. The servo itself does NOT "shift". Essentially what your builder would be saying is the reason a manual transmission shifts into third gear is because the shift linkage shifts it into 3rd...No the driver commands and manually manipulates it into 3rd via the gears shift. The valve body, PCM, Shift solenoids and other tranny internals do the "shifting" on an automatic. Your hard shift into 3rd could be caused by many things but I would suspect a ball missing, stuck or in the wrong place in your valve body separator plate.
My rebuild kit also has the Raybestos Powertrain Z-Pack High Performance I assume not the reason for hard shift into 3rd either? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14