Corvette Servo Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine from here.
http://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NTP-K51828C

I've had it installed for over a month now and I only have good things to say about it. It shifts faster and firmer and doesn't feel like it might not shift all the way. Took me maybe 2 hours in my driveway. And I was moving pretty slow just to make sure I didn't forget something. Had to have a friend hold the cover in while I put the snap ring in at the end. That's really the only issue I had. I definitely recommend this little upgrade.

Couldn't find the thread I followed to do it but this one looks like it's easier to follow. I am curious how he was able to remove the whole thing at once. Just be ready to take it apart when it's still partially in the transmission. It's not too hard.
http://m.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476223

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from here.
http://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NTP-K51828C

I've had it installed for over a month now and I only have good things to say about it. It shifts faster and firmer and doesn't feel like it might not shift all the way. Took me maybe 2 hours in my driveway. And I was moving pretty slow just to make sure I didn't forget something. Had to have a friend hold the cover in while I put the snap ring in at the end. That's really the only issue I had. I definitely recommend this little upgrade.

Couldn't find the thread I followed to do it but this one looks like it's easier to follow. I am curious how he was able to remove the whole thing at once. Just be ready to take it apart when it's still partially in the transmission. It's not too hard.
http://m.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476223

Cool I think I'm going to do this to my Tahoe in the next couple months I've heard good things about the corvette servo

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also got mine from Oregon Performance. I did mine while I had it up on the rack doing my header and Y-pipe install. It made it really easy with the exhaust out of the way.

egrippe

Reaction score
I put one in my Tahoe and loved it, for about 20 miles. Somehow, when installing it the case broke and leaked out all of my fluid. Transmission got fried! On the up side, I will now have a built transmission with a Circled D 265mm bilet multi disk converter.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a Denali do this and can offer some help with the install? space is tight under there...

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a Denali do this and can offer some help with the install? space is tight under there...

I'm assuming you've unbolted the heat shield off of the side of the transmission already. I'm not familiar with the denali transmissions or exhaust (maybe they're the same, I dont know) but maybe you can take that section of the exhaust out? Or you could always drop the tranny and you'd have all the elbow room you could ever wish for haha

oldsman003

Reaction score
Old thread I know, but is this servo swappable into a 4l80? Very interested since I do a lot of heavy towing with bertha

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked around for an answer and that servo will not fit a 4l80e. From what i found the 80 only has a servo for reverse. Most people recommend a shift kit or increasing the line pressure with a handheld tuner or even better a blackbear tune. I have the line pressure maxed out on my 60e and it made the shifts a hell of a lot more firm.