Corsa muffler only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nammysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have 15 Denali. I really like the Corsa exhaust sound, but I don't wanna spend the money. I was looking for maybe a Corsa muffler only, but it doesn't seem to exist.

So I have 2 ideas. First, are there any muffler only or cheaper cat backs with similar sound?

And 2nd idea. I found a used Corsa cat back for a Sierra. What are your thoughts on getting that just to take the muffler and maybe tips?

Thanks....

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa doesn't sell just the mufflers any more, so the used kit for a Sierra would be your best bet.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Corsa system for the GMC Sierra Corsa Part#14866, the muffler on that system is 3.5" In/Out, weld it in place to your stock exhaust system and if it were me I would remove the stock flapper valve as well. Then record a video and let us all know how it sounds! Should work out really well. At first I would leave the factory resonator at the end in tact, then see if that makes it too quiet it and if so remove it. If it is Corsa Part #14866 that is a "Sport" exhaust, I would guess that leaving the factory resonator in place would be equivalent to having a Corsa "Touring" exhaust versus sport. Which is the same sound/tone, just dialed down a bit.

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
just curious where the "flapper" is located? Is is near the front by the cats or further back. I dont have a lift so crawling under the vehicle is my only option. Is it even visible from the bottom or require a contortionist to see?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Corsa system for the GMC Sierra Corsa Part#14866, the muffler on that system is 3.5" In/Out, weld it in place to your stock exhaust system and if it were me I would remove the stock flapper valve as well. Then record a video and let us all know how it sounds! Should work out really well. At first I would leave the factory resonator at the end in tact, then see if that makes it too quiet it and if so remove it. If it is Corsa Part #14866 that is a "Sport" exhaust, I would guess that leaving the factory resonator in place would be equivalent to having a Corsa "Touring" exhaust versus sport. Which is the same sound/tone, just dialed down a bit.
Unfortunately you can't buy the Corsa muffler separately so you would be paying for the entire system to just get the muffler.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious where the "flapper" is located? Is is near the front by the cats or further back. I dont have a lift so crawling under the vehicle is my only option. Is it even visible from the bottom or require a contortionist to see?
Easy to see and it is after the muffler.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't buy the Corsa muffler separately so you would be paying for the entire system to just get the muffler.

Yes we are all well aware that you cannot purchase the Corsa muffler a la carte. If you reference the OP he has an "in" on a lightly used Corsa system for the GMC Sierra which would include the muffler and the whole purpose of this post was to inquire on purchasing that used Corsa exhaust system and only using the muffler and tips to weld into his factory exhaust system.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes we are all well aware that you cannot purchase the Corsa muffler a la carte. If you reference the OP he has an "in" on a lightly used Corsa system for the GMC Sierra which would include the muffler and the whole purpose of this post was to inquire on purchasing that used Corsa exhaust system and only using the muffler and tips to weld into his factory exhaust system.
Sorry - didn't read far enough up. I assumed (wrongly) that you were talking about the Corsa part numbers referenced which are for the complete system. Wish I could find a Corsa Touring muffler for 2017 Yukon Denali - right now all they offer is the Sport version

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sound wise should be close changing out just muffler, you just wont get all the performance benefits out of it.

a factory exhaust will always have some portion crimped a bit( or a lot lol ;) ) in its curves.
this is why a cat back exhaust (if a nice one) will always out perform the factory one.

*however , i didnt go to your URL... that reads as if its just an exhaust tip... not a muffler
so if true, you would get a pretty tip to look at & nothing else performance or sound wise.