Corsa Catback vs Magnaflow muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flynnstone

Reaction score
I'm interested in exhaust on my '15 Yukon with a 5.3. Based on the clips I've heard on YouTube, the Corsa systems sound mean.

Is the Magnaflow muffler replacement anywhere near the same??

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn a few others on here have commented on how the magnaflow has drone issues at cruising speeds. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find the correct threads.

I just had the Corsa installed on my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. Very aggressive sounding under throttle but nice and chill at highway cruising speeds.

OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
I could have sworn a few others on here have commented on how the magnaflow has drone issues at cruising speeds. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find the correct threads.

I just had the Corsa installed on my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. Very aggressive sounding under throttle but nice and chill at highway cruising speeds.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear.

Do you have any recommendations on where to pick up the Corsa system at the best price?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear.

Do you have any recommendations on where to pick up the Corsa system at the best price?

I picked mine up off a seller on Amazon, free shipping & no tax. Got a pretty decent price on it, a few hundred below MSRP listed on Corsa's site. Then I had a local shop do the install.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
iv

ive installed the magnaflow on about 15 local trucks and sold many more on my site. 5.3s with the resonator i havent heard one person say it droned at freeway.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drone here on the 6.2L and a great deal fron Norcal. Oh and great advice -- muffler only and the money saved will go for a tune!

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is true. Of you Google 12909 MagnaFlow you will see the install on my escalade. Main restriction is the muffler on the 6.2s.

Even 5.3s doing the 5x8x18 guys have been happy. If I wasn't doing a blower I would,have done the 12909 on my 6.2 also

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A quick search shows multiple threads regarding magnaflow drone.

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well my 6.2 and other 5.3s no drone... if you remove resonator then yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094