Convert manual to power side mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back from the dead.

So I busted my driver side mirror on my PPV and I'm debating going with the power fold mirrors. Just to reiterate, I need the DL3 mirror and a USED switch to make it work??
Yes, either a used switch or you will need to have the switch / BCM programmed at the dealer, as I did. I'm not sure if the programming will be necessary with a used switch or not, as mine was new. @NathanJax states that a used switch should work immediately. Also, I would go with OEM mirrors. As someone stated previously, go with OEM mirrors. The aftermarkets are trash. I ended up replacing my Dormans with OEMS after I broke one trying to install it...

Last edited:

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has went to the dealership to have their switches reprogrammed. About how much did it run you?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I went to the junkyard and purchased 2 switches from 2 different escalades.

The good
The powerfolding feature works.

The bad
The turn signals in the mirrors still don't work
The passenger window doesn't roll down from the passenger switch
The driver window or the passenger window doesn't roll down the the driver side switch.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I went to the junkyard and purchased 2 switches from 2 different escalades.

The good
The powerfolding feature works.

The bad
The turn signals in the mirrors still don't work
The passenger window doesn't roll down from the passenger switch
The driver window or the passenger window doesn't roll down the the driver side switch.
You'll probably need to go to a dealer and have the switches / bcm programmed...

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience was the signals always were plug and play. The switches had to be programmed to get other functions to work. If you were closer to me I have a buddy that does this stuff on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan