Convert manual to power side mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my truck. BUT, my garage doors are narrow, and I am keeping Muth mirror glass in business by having to purchase a new passenger side mirror glass every 12 - 18 months. It is not worth getting rid of my truck over, but I am wondering has anyone ever seen, heard of or done themselves, converting manual mirrors to power side mirrors? I would love to be able to pull up to my garage door, hit a button and fold the mirrors in to keep from smacking the garage entry every so often. As it stands now, when I pull up, I roll down my driver side window, and manually pull the driver side mirror in, which gives me enough room, with a couple of inches to spare, to pull in. However, I'm not always so lucky, particularly backing out. Of course, I cannot reach the passenger mirror from the driver seat. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just need to get the DL3 mirrors and a new/used window switch. The mirrors are plug and play and then you just need the correct switch that's already used for the DL3 mirrors. Technically, you can use your current switch but would ned to get it programmed at the dealer.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just need to get the DL3 mirrors and a new/used window switch. The mirrors are plug and play and then you just need the correct switch that's already used for the DL3 mirrors. Technically, you can use your current switch but would ned to get it programmed at the dealer.
Thanks for your quick response, and forgive my ignorance, but what are DL3 mirrors, and where would I get the switch? I don't already have a power mirror switch in my truck. I don't think there is even a space for a switch (could be, I'll look).

Update: OK, looking at EBay, I guess DL3 is the model or option ID for the specific mirror. Looking at what you did, can I add the 09-14 mirrors to my 07 Yukon?

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response, and forgive my ignorance, but what are DL3 mirrors, and where would I get the switch? I don't already have a power mirror switch in my truck. I don't think there is even a space for a switch (could be, I'll look).

Update: OK, looking at EBay, I guess DL3 is the model or option ID for the specific mirror. Looking at what you did, can I add the 09-14 mirrors to my 07 Yukon?

Any 07-14 mirrors fit. But you won't get blind spot indicators or anything just by getting the mirror.

You would have to replace your window switch with one that comes with the mirror buttons on it.

All of this is on eBay, which is where most people will get them (besides local junk yards).

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any 07-14 mirrors fit. But you won't get blind spot indicators or anything just by getting the mirror.

You would have to replace your window switch with one that comes with the mirror buttons on it.

All of this is on eBay, which is where most people will get them (besides local junk yards).

I see them now, the mirrors anyway. I'll look for the switch. Dorman makes an aftermarket set of mirrors with power fold, blinker, heated for significantly less than even the used OEMS. Do you know if Dorman is a good product?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see them now, the mirrors anyway. I'll look for the switch. Dorman makes an aftermarket set of mirrors with power fold, blinker, heated for significantly less than even the used OEMS. Do you know if Dorman is a good product?

I don't know for sure. They are the company that makes cheap OEM parts, so they're definitely an option.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure. They are the company that makes cheap OEM parts, so they're definitely an option.

Thanks for your input, sir. I will figure out the switch situation, I hope :)

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One more question. Do you think I'll be able to use my existing outside housings, which are already painted etc.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep