Conversation mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at some 2016 tahoes and noticed the sunglasses compartment / conversation mirror in manyand then others have something that look like two cameras that point diagonally and out with a button in the middle ...what is this?

I'm debating about trading in my '15 for a '16 with electric side steps, updated radio, HUD and electric dash and possibly max trailering and 4x4. Anyone does this...was it justifiable? If so, why? I found a Tahoe with all the options I am looking for that is fairly close to me but has this overhead option instead of the conversation mirror and was wondering what this was?

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
Models with the 2 cameras and no sunglass holder have an enhanced security package.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Enhanced security package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillNye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me run with this...

Are there any modifications that can be made to this system? For instance, there is a button that turns off the motion detectors - could this be used for something else? Maybe a switch for lightbar, PA system, additional horn, etc.

Does anybody have any information about what's under (or above) this section? I saw someone take apart a normal version of this but not the security system version.

Thank you in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN