Contemplating purchasing an Escalade hybrid...

Discussion in 'Hybrid General Discussion' started by CDubya87, Jan 31, 2018.

1. CDubya87

CDubya87 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    I've searched the internet and have browsed around in here and can't seem to put my pulse on whether or not y'all are happy with your investment. For my family, this would be a replacement for our 21 year old minivan (the ONLY vehicle I've ever purchased brand new), so I want to ensure that I'm purchasing something that won't be constantly unavailable. Comments or links to discussions or other internet articles would be deeply appreciated. I look forward to learning from your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

2. dszx13

dszx13 Member

Name:
    Dennis
    Don't. I have a 09 sierra hybrid. It has 174k. Been a great truck but I'm expecting something serious soon that I don't plan to spend 1/4 of what it's worth to fix. Lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

3. Eddie08

Eddie08 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ed
    I concur. While I have an 08 Yukon Hybrid the thought of a couple grand for another battery pack would make me flip a coin. I dont think hyrid is where it should be at. Hindsight I would of gotten a regular Tahoe or Yukon.

4. Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid Full Access Member

Name:
    Damian
    Hmm, well it benefits if you do alot of highway miles and/or you idle alot (looking for parking) . 2 areas where you burn unnecessary gas. If you you plan customizing, you can be a little limited. (Ie switching to2nd row buckets, debadging, engine mods etc etc).

5. dszx13

dszx13 Member

Name:
    Dennis
    I slammed the piss out of my 4wd. HD swapped the front too. I got better mpg lowered than I do at stock height. Lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

6. Bigbeardenali1992

Bigbeardenali1992 Full Access Member

Name:
    Chase
    I’ve heard that the battery packs are pretty expensive to replace when they go. Something to consider when looking at mileage and age.